C@terham - the "other track day" car

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.

Should the board substitute a different name for certain car models?

You may select 1 option

View results

haymanator

Re: C@terham - the "other track day" car

Post by haymanator » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:52 pm

my 2 penneth worth.
changing caterham, its annoying - and very childish - and very not funny! which is a shame because a lot of the content and contributions on here are amusing.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:11 pm

Perhaps a compromise is in order here, how about, If someone types <Other Track Car> it gets changed to <aterham ?  That way everyone can be happy

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:07 pm

Why can't we all just...

... get along?

(said by Jack Nicholson playing the President of the USA just moments before the Martians rip him to shreds in Mars Attacks.)

Everyone gets wound up from time to time. Now, it's time to wind down this discussion. Has anything useful has been said for quite some time? It's only a joke, and it's our joke. And as someone famed for a poor sense of humour on her, that's got top be worth something.

Ultimately it really doesn't matter. If the forum was automatically chaning "I hate the Atom" to "I love the Atom" that would be a different kettle of fish, but it isn't.

As for angry posts, we're all susceptible It's best to breathe deeply, count to ten, and realise that ultimately,  it doesn't matter a damn.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:26 pm

I think it's time for a Image

Another saying is "You can only please some of the people some of the time."

the_underling

Post by the_underling » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:29 pm

I found a much better picture of 'iste car' :

if it works...

I think if people want to call it: the other car, the infidel, the unworthy thing, iste car; whatever, then they can write it themselves... I can see the humour in relacing it, but from a new users point of view, and trying to actually make conversations about iste car, then its really confusing... Or, simply put it in the forum rules, so people can see what's happening...
Attachments
K@terham.jpg
K@terham.jpg (2.5 KiB) Viewed 374 times