Spell check - where is it?

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
jon b

Re: Spell check - where is it?

Post by jon b » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:07 am

[quote="Alec"]
This has been discussed before on a number of occasions resulting in a number of suggestions for alternative ways to spell check.

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,5282.0.html
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,5193.0.html
[/quote]

Thanks Alec for the links - they so no more than above - that being that something has changed with the server and there seems to be nothing we can do about it

Ross- can you please push on this one - we don't all see ourselves as perfectionists  ;)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:16 am

Jon,

the Google toolbar/spell check is better because it's a proper English spell checker rather than the corrupted english one evolving from the US of world domination.

jon b

Post by jon b » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 am

[quote="AtomFun"]
Jon,

the Google toolbar/spell check is better because it's a proper English spell checker rather than the corrupted english one evolving from the US of world domination.
[/quote]

Apreciaout dis John butts me's wood raver hav it as it woz - nice and simples- like me's

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:38 am

www.mozilla.org download the web browser which has a built in spell checker then job done

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 am

Bruce Fielding says... "I use it! It's great!"
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 am

[quote="jon b"]
Apreciaout dis John butts me's wood raver hav it as it woz - nice and simples- like me's
[/quote]

Thvt wes a lotile hazd to unturstond, bot ded yuu knxw tfat as lozg as yuu gat the first and last letters right thqn mezt peoqle witl stoul be aple to rezd it.

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 am

wisp wrote:
jon b wrote: Apreciaout dis John butts me's wood raver hav it as it woz - nice and simples- like me's
Thvt wes a lotile hazd to unturstond, bot ded yuu knxw tfat as lozg as yuu gat the first and last letters right thqn mezt peoqle witl stoul be aple to rezd it.
That usually only applies if all the right letters are present but mixed-up except for the first and last as shown in this document called 'Egnilsh'
Egnilsh

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

wisp

Post by wisp » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:20 am

[quote="Alec"]
That usually only applies if all the right letters are present but mixed-up except for the first and last as shown in this document called 'Egnilsh'

[/quote]

:tu:

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:01 pm

Get a Mac. Built in spell checker & dictionary across the board, no extra software or add ons required. :)

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 am

VISTA also has spell check, i experienced it 2 minutes ago, highlights something in red, then suggests an alternative...

i love VISTA and athlon...

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Eye Halve A Spelling Chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques four my revue,
Miss-steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it to say,
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist-ache is maid
It nose before two long,
And eye can putt the error rite
It's rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased too no,
It's letter perfect awl the weigh,
My chequer tolled me sew!
Last edited by Alec on Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:16 pm

I spell check by looking up the word in the dictionary. How old fashioned... ::)

Amazing what tidbits of wisdom I learn this way ;)

wisp

Post by wisp » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:16 pm

[quote="MadMaxedAtom"]
I spell check by looking up the word in the dictionary. How old fashioned... ::)

[/quote]

At least you're not checking your spell by having some serf drink the potion after you've cast it. Now that would be extremely old fashioned  :o

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:07 pm

HA!    ;)  in another time, possibly.