delete post option gone?

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
KK

Re: delete post option gone?

Post by KK » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:35 am

[quote="John Lloyd"]
See your post number 78985  ;)  :)

We talked about post numbers before, but to show the problem with deleting, the thread numbers like the one I quote above is higher than the one in key stats which is at 78151 and must somehow allow for deleted threads.
[/quote]
John you played a part in this discrepany as well as you deleted a few posts yourself. I deleted a few as well when somebody was quicker and mine didn't fit anymore. But, being a non Club Member, my delete option is now gone - which is the purpose of this thread.

To clarify once again: I can delete complete threads that I have started, including all posts in there, regardless of the poster. I however can no longer delete a single post of mine in any thread - I can only empty it, which I suppose serves the same purpose. Nevertheless I would prefer to be able to again delete posts.

[quote="John Lloyd"]
So who decides the theme? I'm not a number.............
[/quote]
The themes are not formally decided by anyone, they just come up by coincidence when there are a few posts with identical words in there and some people try to stick to it. The first such theme was the dog theme some time back in the Song Title game.

Alec

Re: delete post option gone?

Post by Alec » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:07 pm

Klaus, you're not the only one who would like to delete an individual post.

This one's from the 'Want to buy an Atom - any in Georgia?' thread:-

[quote="Tom(Atl)"]
(please delete, accidental post)
[/quote]
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)