Recent posts ... mine wont work,,

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
Jammer

Recent posts ... mine wont work,,

Post by Jammer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:44 am

My "unread posts" section wont work...always shows the same one single post.... makes coming here and navigating less fun!

bolus

Re: Recent posts ... mine wont work,,

Post by bolus » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:55 am

log out and clear your cookies and then log back in?

ross

Post by ross » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:20 am

Yep, that's the only thing I can think of as well.

Cheers, Ross.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:47 am

I have logged in and out..rebooted, cleared cookies ..NO DICE... all I ever get is...

New to Atom. New to England. Tracks near the Cotswolds? 

ross

Post by ross » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:15 am

Hi Jammer,

What browser are you using?  Do you get the same problem with an alternative browser?

Cheers, Ross.

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:21 pm

I have a similar problem with the 'unread post since last visit' which has never worked properly since the forum upgrade.

Sometimes threads aren't listed and sometimes they are so, it's hard to keep up with certain discussions.

This happens on two computers in IE and AOL.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

ross

Post by ross » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Hi Alec,

If you're using AOL as your ISP your web traffic may well be being proxied and as a result could change IP's (as far as the forum sees) which could probably cause problems like these I think.

Not much I can do on this though I'm afraid.

Cheers, Ross.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:42 pm

Isn't AOL wonderful - NOT!!!!  :td:

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:31 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Hi Alec,

If you're using AOL as your ISP your web traffic may well be being proxied and as a result could change IP's (as far as the forum sees) which could probably cause problems like these I think.

Not much I can do on this though I'm afraid.

Cheers, Ross.
[/quote]

I have mentioned elsewhere that the IP address at the bottom of my posts is sometimes different, especially from different computers on my network, but it has never caused a problem in the past.

I've been with AOL since they first came to the UK and I've never had any problems with them.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

ross

Post by ross » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:17 pm

[quote="Alec"]
I have mentioned elsewhere that the IP address at the bottom of my posts is sometimes different, especially from different computers on my network, but it has never caused a problem in the past.

I've been with AOL since they first came to the UK and I've never had any problems with them.
[/quote]

Okay, but I still have no idea and that's my best guess as to what's causing it.