Upgraded to latest version of forum...

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
bolus

Re: Upgraded to latest version of forum...

Post by bolus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:54 pm

I would just like to over ride the size limit like they were doing above.

KK

Post by KK » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:05 pm

[quote="bolus"]
I would just like to over ride the size limit like they were doing above.
[/quote]

Reading through the flow of information that was going on the resizing option to sizes larger than 800x600 was only available for a short period of time - i.e. as long as the outo-resizing option was turned off.
[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Sorry, you lose ;)  Seems to work fine.  I'll leave the auto-resizing option off for a while for you to try yourself.  ;)
[/quote]
After this Driver posted the large banner, which he subsequently (albeit after checking whether a resize to a larger size would work) resized to 800x200 (the current size).

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Okay, that's cleared up.  I'll set the forum to auto resize any linked images over 800x600.
[/quote]
Currently the option to manually resize images seems to be turned off resulting in all images automatically being resized to fit within the boundaries of 800x600. That's my understanding of the situation.

On a side note: Auto-resizing does not change pictures posted before the upgrade, so those will stay as is.

bolus

Post by bolus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:09 pm

I know not everyone has 5120x1600 screen resolution like me but 800X600 is small especially if you want to show some detail.  I'll just add direct links to the original sizes then

KK

Post by KK » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:16 pm

[quote="bolus"]
I know not everyone has 5120x1600 screen resolution like me ...
[/quote]
That sounds like two 30" Apple monitors connected to your PC/Apple whatever system you use. Looks like a decent screen configuration.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:39 pm

the resizing is just FOR DISPLAY as I understand it. You can still click on it and open in a new window at full resolution.

ross

Post by ross » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:46 am

Yep, everything Klaus has re-iterated is correct here.  800x600 on a forum is plenty - you can just link off to somewhere else if necessary.  Bare in mind that the forum isn't a photo gallery - it's a FORUM!!! ...hence the name.

Cheers, Ross.