Atom Gallery Restructuring (http://gallery.AtomClub.com)

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
Driver

Atom Gallery Restructuring (http://gallery.AtomClub.com)

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 am

Well 5 minutes left on mine and HollyPop's  B-Day and I'm giving you all present. ;) I spent today working on the Gallery we have over at http://gallery.atomclub.com I have restructured most of the existing albums to make room for growth. Take a look there, let me know if you have picts you'd like to upload and I'll set up a album for you. Please bear with me as we tweek the albums and categories. Nothing was deleted, it may just be hiding down in one of the categories.

Gage, Cobra, Bolus.... I know you all have oodles of picts just sitting out on various servers and image hosting places....

http://gallery.AtomClub.com
Last edited by Driver on Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Re: Gallery

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 am

can we get our own account or do you need to upload for us?

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:10 am

If you are a club member (as your status clearly indicates i can get you set up. You've got a PM.

ross

Post by ross » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:46 am

Nice work Driver ;)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:32 am

That was a labour of love driver, well done, good work.  :tu:

Happy birthday
Last edited by AtomFun on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:48 am

Well done excellent work and happy birthday

Ben

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:05 am

Bloody hell!

You're a superstar, Ken!

Happy Birthday!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:29 am

Fantastic job.....but  :D

Does any UK member have a problem with listing the UK circuits alphabetically and then adding the photos into each folder as they are visited?  This would reduce it down to approx 19 folders for each circuit and one for airfields.  I would also suggest two folders one for Spa and Nurburing.

Comments

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:33 pm

The only problem with that John is that you lose the dates for each Event Album (Folder). I was thinking about this yesterday all day while I was making the changes and think we should have a list of guidelines. The number of Albums (to me at least) is not a problem anymore than the number of threads per area here on the Forum is.

Here's what I propose:
  • To do a "Album" one must have at min 10 pictures to upload  (to make it interesting as well as informative)
  • Descriptions for each picture (otherwise it's boring, who - what - when - where)
  • Less than 10 picts per subject goes in the Misc or General Album within that area.
That's a first effort at trying to formalize some sort of guideline. I mean there is a Comment area but very few people ever leave one. Yawn. ??? Have to make this better.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:56 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]

Does any UK member have a problem with listing the UK circuits alphabetically and then adding the photos into each folder as they are visited?  This would reduce it down to approx 19 folders for each circuit and one for airfields.  I would also suggest two folders one for Spa and Nurburing.

Comments
[/quote]

Depends if you see a track outing as an event or not.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:30 pm

Good work, Ken! 

jon b

Post by jon b » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:58 pm

Nice one driver and a belated happy birthday

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:25 pm

Thanks for he compliments everyone. At least I know you all are liking and not hating the changes. :) I'm hoping all this work will prompt people to start using the OUR Atom Photo Gallery more.

Ok just finished re-org of the UK Special Events area. More albums, more specific. Bruce (and anyone else that may have been at those events) would you mind going through the MIsc albums and see if I left any orphaned that should've gone in a different album, maybe put some names with faces in the comments for the Christmas party?

Now if we could just get a couple of US ones to put in that section (I know there were 2-3 Atoms at Hallet at one point :) )....

John Lloyd

Re: Atom Gallery (http://gallery.AtomClub.com)

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Driver,  Again fantastic job  :tu:

Just the one folder to move, it's in UK & Eurpoean Events and is my factorty visit dated 030805 I suggest it's moved into Ariel Factory UK section.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:27 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]

Comments
[/quote]

Depends if you see a track outing as an event or not.

[/quote]

Not sure what you mean Bruce.  I'll keep banging on ;D

If you create the 19 odd folders for each UK track then anyone can add one or as many photos to that folder (adding the date and a comment).  If you continue as we are currently set up you have to ask someone (I always ask Ross to set up a new folder (Please can someone set up one called Castle Combe 27.01.07)) So you loose the spontaneity of trying to add a few photos on the spur of the moment.  You wait for the folder to be set up and then get round to uploading the photos months later.

Also at the moment when you use the drop down box to choose the folder you want to put your pictures into the list is quite short, but already the list is a bit of a pain, if you add hundreds more folders for individual trackdays that will only be used once or twice then the drop down list is going to become unmanageable and this will put people off from uploading photos.

Just a thought, but no one seems to agree!
Last edited by John Lloyd on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.