Is it possible to 'ignore' a thread

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
Bruce Fielding

Is it possible to 'ignore' a thread

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:52 am

Just curiious. There are some threads that come up on unread that I have no interest in. Can I make is so that I don't see them?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

ross

Re: Is it possible to 'ignore' a thread

Post by ross » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:54 am

Unfortunately not - I've not found a way to do this yet which is a shame as there's a lot that I'd also like to ignore.

Cheers, Ross.

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:49 pm

It would be better if you could make a thread a favorite so that you can follow all your favorites in one place.  Is there any way to do this?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 am

[quote="bolus"]
It would be better if you could make a thread a favorite so that you can follow all your favorites in one place.  Is there any way to do this?
[/quote]

Don't think so but you can set it to send you a PM when a new reply is posted to a thread you are watching by using the 'notify' button (at least I think thats what it does)

Ben

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:49 am

I have the notification set up which emails me which is nice.  But on other forums you can keep a list of all the threads you've posted in or want to watch in one place.  It was very nice. 

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:30 am

Ignore would be nice. I have my list too...

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 am

Strange.  I've never been a member of a forum where you coudn't "un-subscribe" yourself from certain threads.

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:59 am

I think it's because people want to be able to selectively use the Search All New (Show unread) link  EXCEPT those they want to ignore.

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 am

[quote="Driver"]
I think it's because people want to be able to selectively use the Search All New (Show unread) link  EXCEPT those they want to ignore.
[/quote]

Oops.  Reading back I see that they made that obvious and I just didn't get it.  :laugh:  I've never had a problem ignoring threads that I didn't want to read. 
But, I can see the convenience of erasing a thread from ever showing on your search return.