Forum Sections

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
ross

Re: Forum Sections

Post by ross » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:05 am

Done, I'll probably move the contents of the 'Forum related questions' child-board to here sometime as well.

On the subject of forum sections - please can all Global Administrators, leave changes to the boards to me for the moment with suggestions for changes coming through this thread.

Cheers, Ross.

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 am

Any way with the SMF software to make the Child Boards stand out a little bit more? On my computer you can barely read the text. Bold Font? The way they are currently reading shortening the names would help. Yes, I'm splitting hairs but better now than later, I'm only looking at it from an Aesthetic viewpoint.

Take the wording down to
Tech: UK Ariel built Atom and Tech: US Brammo built Atoms

instead of
Technical: UK (specific to Ariel built Atoms), Technical: US (specific to the Brammo built Ariel Atom) which is a little "wordy".

just a thought.... I 'm going to sleep now.. g'night, morning whatever it is...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:30 am

[quote="Driver"]
Tech: UK Ariel built Atom and Tech: US Brammo built Atoms

instead of
Technical: UK (specific to Ariel built Atoms), Technical: US (specific to the Brammo built Ariel Atom) which is a little "wordy".
[/quote]

They're both Ariel Atoms. One just happens to be built under license in the USA.

It should read "Specific to UK built Ariel Atoms" and "Specific to US built Ariel Atoms".
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

ross

Post by ross » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:46 pm

I think we need a seperate moderators only section on the forum which mods can use to communicate forum related issues in.  I'll set this up shortly as it'll be easier than dealing with loads of PMs.

Cheers, Ross.