New members

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
nickthegreek

New members

Post by nickthegreek » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:21 pm

How should we greet our new members on this forum, any ideas?

Talking of which LEO is our newest member, greetings Leo, what brings you to this forum?? have you ordered an Atom?? or are you just being noisy ;D

Vendian

Re: New members

Post by Vendian » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:10 am

Update: Pelican Racing is our newest member ;). I think a simple hello should do. I was rather dissapointed when I first joined, only one or two members bothered to say hello. I guess it's because you get so many members that only post once or twice and forget about the site... or the Atom. What crazyness is that? We could make a sticky new member hello thread so we don't get a bunch of individual ones, or do we already have that?

Vendian.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:48 pm

I think a few of the members sign up, do 1 or 2 posts, then come back  2-3 months later and we forget about them, by accident, but at least they have joined a descent...

JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:57 pm

and i see our latest member is DarthChicken......

:o

using the force on the track just aint fair, in fact, in this case, id call it fowl play

:P

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:30 am

:o ;D

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:59 pm

[quote="JonnyBravo"]
and i see our latest member is DarthChicken......

:o
[/quote]

Actually, our latest member is wanklr. Welcome. :laugh:

I hope that has something to do with rotary engines.  ;)
Last edited by wisp on Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:28 pm

More likely someone pulling a stroke on us!

NathanE

Post by NathanE » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:04 pm

don't jerk around  ;D

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:08 pm

You Jerkers...  ;D

07Atom

Post by 07Atom » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:25 am

:D

JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:44 pm

[quote="AtomFun"]
More likely someone pulling a stroke on us!
[/quote]

so long as its fast eh!
:laugh:

vanos330

Post by vanos330 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:22 pm

Hallo everybody :laugh:

I've just done the entering for this very interesting forum and I would like to introduce myself.
Actually, I'm not sure that this is the suitable section of the forum for doing this, anyway I don't want to hinder the other sessions...this's the reason I posted here.

I'm vanos and I'm writing from Italy. I'm very keen on the amazing Atom Ariel and I will learn a lot from your fantastic group about this particular and unique sport/racing car. As soon as I have the chance Iâ??ll buy an Atom motorized by the Honda engine 160 hp or 220 hpâ?¦but now Iâ??ve to finish the college and working hard on my career so I donâ??t have enough money to buy and maintain not only my ordinary car and my motorbike but also a race car like an Atomâ?¦ This kind of  motor mania is very expensiveâ?¦and at the moment my normal car and my special bike are enoughâ?¦for my wallet :'(.

I'm a trainee test pilot (one of mine par time jobâ?¦) but my experience is built especially on sport/racer motorbikes...and I have much to learn about driving skills, in particular as regard cars on track. Iâ??ve done only one race in my life, the 6 Hours Dunlop Drivers Cup piloting a BMW M3 A group for 2 hours as no professional pilotâ?¦so I have a long way to goâ?¦but my target is to improve my skills on a race sport/race car and I consider the Atom my suitable choice at the moment.

Since I donâ??t know  anything about the road/race holding of the Atom, except what Iâ??ve read so far on the paperâ?¦and you know better than me that to experience a race car personally is different, I donâ??t intend to butt in on a lot of conversations, Iâ??m here to read and learn.

Anyway, if someone of you lucky owners of Atom want to spend some time driving on Italy streets or race circuitsâ?¦Iâ??ll be glad to help them as I can since I know very well the most panoramic, exciting roads of my country and the best technical circuits as well.

Sorry for my English guys... and please tell me all the worst objective technical, structural or mechanical defects you have discovered about the Atomâ?¦for example I know that the petrol gauge doesnâ??t work very wellâ?¦and the front lights as wellâ?¦but in a race car these hitches are excusableâ?¦anything else? How much does the maintenance cost? What about spares replacement? Cost and availability?

Thanks so much for your replies :tu:.

Vanos from Italy (Tuscany)
Last edited by vanos330 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:07 pm

Welcome Vanos

Sounds like you are very keen to get into something quick soon.  To be honest, if I were you, I would probably buy myself a Cater*am 7 as you can get one for not a lot of money - it will teach you a hell of a lot about driving dynamics and you won't lose much money when you come to sell

I've only had my atom for a few months but from all accounts they do not cost a lot to run.  If you track it all the time it will be more expensive but a lot cheaper than virtually anything else with comparable performance

Hope to drive to Italy next spring - I'll get my girlfriend to drive the boxster and I'll drop the atom off with you if you like so you can try it on track for a few days - sorry only kidding  ;D would be happy to take you out in it anytime here.  Why don't you come to the big event in France next June - sure you could get many rides there

cheers
Jon B

JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:02 pm

[quote="jon b"]
I'll get my girlfriend to drive the boxster and I'll drop the atom off with you if you like so you can try it on track for a few days - sorry only kidding  ;D would be happy to take you out in it anytime here.[/quote]

Youre a cruel cruel man.....

Now on the other hand if you want to drop the Atom off with Vanos and your girlfriend off with me.....  ;D

jon b

Post by jon b » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:10 pm

[quote="JonnyBravo"]
[quote="jon b"]
I'll get my girlfriend to drive the boxster and I'll drop the atom off with you if you like so you can try it on track for a few days - sorry only kidding  ;D would be happy to take you out in it anytime here.[/quote]

Youre a cruel cruel man.....

Now on the other hand if you want to drop the Atom off with Vanos and your girlfriend off with me.....  ;D
[/quote]

You haven't seen my girlfriend  :o ........ no only kidding, she's lovely  ;)