NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE - ATOM OWNERS IN STAFFS/DERBYSHIRE/MIDLANDS

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
AH24

NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE - ATOM OWNERS IN STAFFS/DERBYSHIRE/MIDLANDS

Post by AH24 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:12 pm

I have joined the forum as I can't think of anyone else to ask, so please don't penalise me if I am not allowed to ask this.
Basically, my little boy (he's 15, but he's still little!!) finishes school in July & wants a ride in an aerial atom.
He was very poorly when he was born - to summarise he spent his 1st 2yrs in hospital, was in ITU 15 times & on a Life Support Machine 9 times. He wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything until he was 8 & was fed via a feeding tube in his stomach. School has been tough - he has learning difficulties & he struggles but because he "looks normal" they think he's just not interested. He's had it tough basically & yet he's the happiest kid on the planet, all he wants to do is make people smile & learn to drive!!
So, back to the car thing - he came home from another day at school where he couldn't do something "because I'm stupid" pretty down & then all of a sudden his face lit up & he said "Oh, by the way, I know what I want to go to Prom in" I said ok thinking he was going to tell me what he wanted to wear & he replied "my car - The Atom"
That's where I need you guys' to help & like I say I don't know if i am allowed to use this forum to do something like this, so if I'm not please forgive me. I ave been looking on the web for Atoms to hire - can't find anything. We live in Uttoxeter & the prom is literally at the racecourse about a 2 minute drive away but I would so much like to be able to do this for him. I'm hoping some lucky Atom owner near us could oblige & don't worry I'd be more than happy to more than cover your costs.
Here's hoping & thanks for listening,
Anne H x

gavstoke

Re: NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE - ATOM OWNERS IN STAFFS/DERBYSHIRE/MIDLANDS

Post by gavstoke » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi Anne,
I'm not far away from you but, unfortunately, my Atom is off the road at the moment so I am unable to help out.
There are other owners not too far away that may be able to help. Best wishes and sorry again that I'm unable to help.

Gav

stupot

Post by stupot » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Anne,

I'm in birmingham so not that far. Subject to date/time may be able to help.

Stuart
Atom 2 160 (05-11) / Atom 3 245 (12-19 ) / Nomad 300 (22-)

AH24

Post by AH24 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks very much for the replies, I didn't really expect any! Date is 4th July next year, don't know time yet, but would probably be about 6.30pm ish. I know t's a long way off yet, but you know how time flies!! Look forward to hearing from you & thanks again - it really would mean the world to him
Anne x

stupot

Post by stupot » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi Anne,

Typical, I've 2 weeks booked in France with the car end June so won't be back until 5th July so sorry I won't now be here to help.

Hopefully, someone else local will be able to step in.

Stu
Atom 2 160 (05-11) / Atom 3 245 (12-19 ) / Nomad 300 (22-)

Daniel

Post by Daniel » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi Anne,

Unfortunately I'm away that week otherwise I would have loved to make the trip from Wakefield to help you out.

Once you've pulled it off you'll have to share some photos on here of the trip.

Best of luck Anne.

Daniel
(oh and maybe worth a consideration on what to do if it's raining on the day? - it is England after all)

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:53 pm

Not too far away either. So nearer the time please let me know as I would be happy to help.

AH24

Post by AH24 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks again for all your replies, I really appreciate it. To Daniel & Srupot - hope you have great hols! To Paul, this might sound stupid, but how do I get in touch nearer the time. Do I just put on another message? I am happy to give you my mob number, if I am allowed to on here? Just let me know & again thank you all so much for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.
Oh! & re the weather Daniel, I have already thought about that too & know it would be impossible if it's raining, just gotta keep everything crossed that, for once, he gets a bit of luck in his life!
Thanks again to everyone
Anne x

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Anne,
Did you receive my Personnel Message (PM) sent direct to you earlier? Contained all my contact details etc
Paul

Spikey_head

Post by Spikey_head » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 pm

I may be able to help, reply to this thread in early June and I'm sure one of us will be able to help.

AH24

Post by AH24 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry haven't been on for a while - got Christmas out the way now so back on track. To Paul - No I haven't received your PM (if that means private message?? I've checked & got no messages- sorry to sound dumb, but when it comes to this type of thing - I am!) If it helps & you can tell me how to do it I could try & PM you with my details.
To Spikey Head - thanks for the reply, I will if I can - took me a while to find my original post - can anyone let me know how I can get to it quickly to "reply to the thread"
Thanks againto everybody,
Anne (the dumb blonde dinosaur on a computer!)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Anne,

I've sent you a PM with a link to this thread that you can use in future.

To send Spikey_head a PM, just left click once on his name on the left of his thread and then click Send PM
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 am

Thank you very much for your help John

Anne
Hopefully this will allow you to pick up my original PM? If not please let me know and I will have another go

Paul

AH24

Post by AH24 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks John, have got the link.

Paul, have checked messages & have only got John's - please could you retry.

Thanks
Anne

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi Anne
Just tried again
egards,
Paul