Cars & Coffee (Irvine, SoCal) THIS SATURDAY, Jan 31st?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to

atomathics

Re: Cars & Coffee (Irvine, SoCal) THIS SATURDAY, Jan 31st?

Post by atomathics » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:27 am

It was great to see all you gents and lady (and the guest appearance by CalScot).  Pretty much perfect weather, wasn't it?  75 and sunny.... ahhh, January!

That pic with young Vader in Spaz's Atom is hysterical!  Also, the very next one, with the kid in the passenger seat -- it's kind of like a Lewis Carroll driving test with an LSD chaser.

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 am

Only just noticed Spaz, but how do you find mixing Yoko A048s on the front with Toyo R888s on the rear?

I imagine they'll be similar in the dry but personally I wouldn't fancy them like that in the wet (not that that should bother you in SoCal).
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:25 am

[quote="Alec"]
Only just noticed Spaz, but how do you find mixing Yoko A048s on the front with Toyo R888s on the rear?

I imagine they'll be similar in the dry but personally I wouldn't fancy them like that in the wet (not that that should bother you in SoCal).
[/quote]

They work fine, but they really set my OCD a'buzzin.  Looking forward to going R888 all around, but too cheap to buy fronts until necessary.  :laugh:

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:45 am

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
They work fine, but they really set my OCD a'buzzin.  Looking forward to going R888 all around, but too cheap to buy fronts until necessary.  :laugh:
[/quote]

Can you get the SG (supersoft) for the fronts over there yet, or is it still only GG that's available?
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

J_Edwards

Post by J_Edwards » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Man I am jealous, I knew that I should have made my way out there that weekend.

It is a long drive from Temecula, but it is great hitting the Ortega at 5am when there is nobody around.

I swear, I can't possibly make money fast enough to place my order now. I came on the forum to make a really informed decision and to be involved in the Atom community, and all it is really doing is causing saliva shortages from excess drool and lacks of sleep every night thinking about extreme acceleration and cornering G loads.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:41 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
[/quote]

Can you get the SG (supersoft) for the fronts over there yet, or is it still only GG that's available?
[/quote]

Still only the GG's as far as I know.