Official AtomFest 15, 16 & 17 September 2009 information is here . . .

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
1965Cobra427

Official AtomFest 15, 16 & 17 September 2009 information is here . . .

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 am

• Official AtomFest 2009 post

[img width=800 height=532]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... ollage.jpg[/img]

AtomFest II will be held at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit on September 15, 16 and 17, 2009. The Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday schedule are planned to allow up to three-days of travel to and from the event without lapping over into another week.

Plans include â??
    • Track time, track time, track time! At least fifteen on track sessions over three days for all Atoms on Hallettâ??s 1.8 mile, 10 turn circuit.
    • AutoCross â?? A timed event competition. All Atom owners are invited to compete and may allow â??guestâ?? drivers in their cars. (assistance requested â?? any volunteers?)
    • Exhibition of Speed â?? Details to be announced.
    • Six lap â??Fun Raceâ?? â?? Pace car rolling start -  Calscot, DP, Fourfather and â?¦?
    • Gun Night! A first for AtomFest, Gun night is being provided by the Management of Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. Over the next few months, guidelines, plans and a tentative list of available firepower will be disclosed in this post.
    • Official AtomFest merchandise â?? Clothing, Coins, Program, etc.
    • Dining Monday night at Rib Crib â?? Traditional AtomFest kickoff dinner to welcome owners, guests and celebrate our long distance travelers!
    • Dining Tuesday night â?? Cookout on the Hallett grounds â?? Meet and greet
    • Dining Wednesday night â?? Atom caravan to Tulsa area restaurant for evening meal.
    • Dining Thursday night â?? Awards Ceremony Dinner. Choice US beef & all the fixinâ??s.
    • Dining â?? Breakfast each morning â?? Rise and shine to the sounds of the â??Chicken Songâ??
    • Dining â?? Lunch buffet or dine in the Finish Line Café.
    • Campfire and Raceport gatherings â?? Swap tips, lies & beverages!
    • Tech Seminars â?? Topics and Volunteers solicited . . . anyone?
    • Lodging is being planned on-site and in local hotels (we will not provide RV's)
    • More to come . . .
    Stay tuned for more information.

Coin Design Competition!
    This year we will have a new AtomFest coin. Our plan is to keep the rear of the coin each year and create a new front side, complete with the unique serial number concept.

Anyone wishing to participate in the coin design competition may do so by submitting their design to me by PM. I will create a separate thread for the coin competition. I will post designs without revealing the contestants until after the voting is completed. Do not post your design on the Forum, as the voting needs to be anonymous. This competition is not restricted to Atom Club members or Atom owners. In other words, anyone can play! The winner will be awarded five coins for their ingenuity and initiative. see: http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,8347.0.html

As in 2007, http://www.atomfest.net will be updated to allow you to make your reservations, purchase official merchandise, make overnight lodging arrangements, etc.

Sponsors and Volunteers sought â??
    We will try to keep the costs as low as possible so that everybody can afford to participate and attend this event. If you would like to provide sponsorship of any of the planned activities, either in full or in part, please contact me. Sponsors will be recognized in publications, announcements and during each of the sponsored events.

If you are willing and able to volunteer, you will be rewarded with free or discounted merchandise, recognition and of course the undying appreciation of the Atom community during the event.

We need:
    • Photography
    • Videography
    • Autocross design, setup, timing & scoring
    • Tech Seminar - Topics & presenters
    • Lodging planning & setup
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... ackMap.jpg[/img]

Stay tuned for more information.
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McFred

Re: Official AtomFest 2009 information is here . . .

Post by McFred » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Sounds like a great time, sign me up!  I think the additional events will be a hit too!

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Barring any objections: Facebook Page for the event:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=43658903335

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:56 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
Excited for sure!!  You have it all covered again it looks like...........except for maybe a Miss Atomfest pagent :D (Gate girl?).

I can see the Tulsa newspaper headlines now ......."Hallet hosts track event" with a photo of Miss Atomfest standing in a Atom toting a few pistols. ;D   All of Oklahoma will show up.!! 
[/quote]

And Alaska, especially if we get to kill some moose...  :laugh:

Nice work, Randy.  I'm really looking forward to it!  September should work much better for me, because October is always a meeting/travel heavy month.
Last edited by Wmcmanus on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Lloyd

Re: Official AtomFest 15, 16 & 17 September 2009 information is here . . .

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:28 am

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Well done Randy.   I reallly hope I can make this one.  UK one is going to have to be sooooooooo good in 2010. :-[  :-[

Looking forward to reading the build up to this as we all get over excited as the dates get closer.   :pop:  :pop:
Last edited by John Lloyd on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Sounds totally awesome I can't wait...my only concern is the amount of meat  :o I guess I'm the only vegetarian going and I don't supposed Oklahoma is very hippie friendly!

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Hope to see all you folks there. I have tentative approval from the Mrs :-*

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 pm

[quote="Caroline"]
Sounds totally awesome I can't wait...my only concern is the amount of meat  :o I guess I'm the only vegetarian going and I don't supposed Oklahoma is very hippie friendly!
[/quote]

They have pancakes the size of deep dish pizza's.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:28 pm

[quote="Caroline"]
[/quote]

Only if you're the first course!  ;D

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote="Caroline"]
[/quote]

You might be surprised . . .

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
You might be surprised . . .
[/quote]

...which can also be interpreted as you mignt not! ;D
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:20 pm

I will definitely be going to this but it won't be a flying visit like last time so I'll be looking for something to fill in a bit of time before and after as well.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:39 pm

I would like to make reservations for Chez Spaz now...(a garage space)  ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:02 pm

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
I would like to make reservations for Chez Spaz now...(a garage space)  ;D

[/quote]

Do you need a lodger?  Image
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:23 pm

Only the magnificently strange will be allowed within its hallowed walls.  :D