Cars & Coffee this Saturday Oct. 11th.

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Caroline

Re: Cars & Coffee this Saturday Oct. 11th.

Post by Caroline » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 pm

I'm not teasing!

I'm 99% sure I'm going to be in LA for a party on Sat night, plus I've been wanting to go to Stand 21 for ages and if all you atom guys are going to C&C on Sat morning that's a 3rd reason to come down.

Where is C&C?

The real question is can I stand to drive down I-5 on a Fri night all on my lonesome instead of coming down with my friends on Sat afternoon.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:19 am

Where is C&C?
Take any of the  posted pics in the gallery I took at C&C and the GPS coordinates are in the metadata. Thanks to a nice little GPS add-on to my Nikon D-SLR. On a Mac, save the image locally, open in Preview and then choose Inspector (command-I). Like this one:

Latitude: 33° 39' 31.14" N
Longitude: 117° 44' 52.61" W

Click the "Locate" and it'll open up in Google Maps (Like This

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:47 am

Nice tournout! Beautiful chilly weather ;D
A F40 stole the show.
Cool car Spaz! All that hard work is paying off! Thanks for letting me sit in it.

fiesty

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:14 pm

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
[quote="dp35"]
My question is - if a cop goes through with this and impounds someone's Atom, and later it's determined that they didn't have any right to, can the Atom owner sue the PD, the city, or better yet the officer personally?  We need a clear answer on this. 
[/quote]

I did a little basic research, and what I found was that if the car were impounded, I could request a hearing within 48 hours and possibly get the car released without fees.  However, I wouldn't be able to sue.  Thus...hassle with no positive payoff.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a badge number or anything from the officer, so I don't really have anything other than a date/time/location to lodge a complaint.  I also would prefer to settle the matter civily with an officer face-to-face rather than lodge a complaint.  The last thing I need are reprisals from the police (don't say it can't happen, I wouldn't believe you).
[/quote]

I think he's still stalking you Spaz.

*C*H*P*

He's just made his fifth post on here.  ::)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)