Atomfest - Traqmate

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
twebb

Atomfest - Traqmate

Post by twebb » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:49 pm

First of all,  I want to say give a big thank you to the Traqmate guys for supporting Atomfest and helping us with all things Traqmqte.  We are glad you were there.  I hope that it was good for you. ::)

Secondly, I just got off of the phone with Randy.  He has his feet up, but is still working too hard.  We had a great conversation about Atomfest and about the Traqmate data in particular.  We have not forgotten about the Traqmate Challenge.

The server, used to collect all of our data, is back up and running.  Over the next week or so, we will be setting up an ftp site, probably within atomfest.net, where you will be able to access your traqmate data (and everyone elses).  To read the data, one will need to visit Traqmate's website and download a free install.  Once you have the Traqmate software on your computer, you will be able to manipulate all of the Traqmate files recorded at Atomfest.

Everyone's data will be on the website for downloading and review.  You can run but you cannot hide! :o

We will be available by phone to discuss your data traces and will offer suggestions if so requested.  The goal is to provide you with the necessary data to help improve your next track-day experience.  Try it...you'll like it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Tim Webb
four seven nine nine seven three nine one three eight

bolus

Re: Atomfest - Traqmate

Post by bolus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:28 pm

Here is my fastest lap 1:31 though I only recorded for one session.  I know I wasn't the fastest by far but I had no spins, no damage or mechanical problems either which I was happy about

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:19 am

Bolus's vid brings back memories of last week, which now feels like months ago. I could feel the G's as he cornered. I particularly remember the first corner at the end of the long straight. After several hot laps on the last day with Mobilerobbie as a passenger, my brakes were getting real spongy with the heat. I took that corner at about 120, full bore. I was too late on braking and when I did hit them, nothing much happened. Needless to say, I came out of the corner doing a 360. Rob was squealing with delight and I nearly loaded my pants. Good times, good times!! :laugh:
Last edited by CalScot on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:24 am

[quote="CalScot"]
Bolus's vid brings back memories of last week, which now feels like months ago. I could feel the G's as he cornered. I particularly remember the first corner at the end of the long straight. After several hot laps on the last day with Mobilerobbie as a passenger, my brakes were getting real spongy with the heat. I took that corner at about 120, full bore. I was too late on braking and when I did hit them, nothing much happened. Needless to say, I came out of the corner doing a 360. Rob was squealing with delight and I nearly loaded my pants. Good times, good times!! :laugh:
[/quote]

[img width=800 height=600]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... ile012.jpg[/img]

[img width=800 height=532]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... G_6591.jpg[/img]

foobar12345

Post by foobar12345 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:16 am

I think there are a few traqmates still available at the AtomFest discount rate, snap them up! I couldnt find them for anywhere near the same price elsewhere. 

-Brad

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:36 pm

[quote="Brad Reynolds"]
I think there are a few traqmates still available at the AtomFest discount rate, snap them up! I couldnt find them for anywhere near the same price elsewhere. 
-Brad
[/quote]

What is that price???

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 pm

As of today, we have 4 Traqmates left from AtomFest. These are the Traqmate Complete package which lists at $999. Our price to AAOC members is $849 plus shipping which works out to $884 delivered in the continental US. The can be ordered at http://www.atomfest.org/merchandise.asp#Merchandise or call Linda at four seven nine six three one eight zero five four. She can take credit cards or checks.

We also have a limited number of shirts, ball caps, jackets and coins left including the two coin mounted set like the one presented to Simon during the Awards Ceremony. See the website for pricing and AAOC discount. Please note, the prices at AtomFest were necessarily higher due to local sales taxes which were applicable there. Website prices are net, plus shipping.

I'll have a complete list of available clothing tomorrow.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:41 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
As of today, we have 4 Traqmates left from AtomFest. These are the Traqmate Complete package which lists at $999. Our price to AAOC members is $849 plus shipping which works out to $884 delivered in the continental US. The can be ordered at http://www.atomfest.org/merchandise.asp#Merchandise or call Linda at four seven nine six three one eight zero five four. She can take credit cards or checks.

We also have a limited number of shirts, ball caps, jackets and coins left including the two coin mounted set like the one presented to Simon during the Awards Ceremony. See the website for pricing and AAOC discount. Please note, the prices at AtomFest were necessarily higher due to local sales taxes which were applicable there. Website prices are net, plus shipping.

I'll have a complete list of available clothing tomorrow.
[/quote]
Hey Randy. I was wondering how much it is to add the Chase cam system to the Traqmate package?
Cheersâ?¢

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:43 am

chasecam is all separate  www.chasecam.com

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:24 pm

I just got my hands on the Traqmate files from AtomFest. Of course I was keen to check out the extremes and naturally went to Calscot's later sessions. His top speed was pretty high down the front straight at 118 MPH, but more impressive was his peak lateral G's. I saw many recordings over 1.65 and a few as high as 1.74.
This Joe Park's session with a best lap was 1.22:8 near day's end on Saturday. In an earlier session, his car recorded a 1.82 G in turn 6.

A quick look at Rfmarz's data shows a 1.74 G in turn 5 and a peak MPH of 107. No doubt the combination of slicks and BIG horsepower making a real difference here. As soon as I get the file organization worked out and can show who was driving each car during any given session, I'll get the data all posted for download so you can analyze it with the Traqview software.

Wow, I just found Twebb's session in Calscot's car. A 1:22.4 lap late on Saturday. Peak lateral G was 2.14 on the exit of turn 1 which carried him to a speed of 110 mph going into turn 2. Pulling a 1.82 G through turn 5, 1.83 in 6 and 105 MPH between 9 and 10 with a minimum speed through 10 of 49 MPH.

That should keep a few of you up late for a while!

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
I just got my hands on the Traqmate files from AtomFest. Of course I was keen to check out the extremes and naturally went to Calscot's later sessions. His top speed was pretty high down the front straight at 118 MPH, but more impressive was his peak lateral G's. I saw many recordings over 1.65 and a few as high as 1.74.
This Joe Park's session with a best lap was 1.22:8 near day's end on Saturday. In an earlier session, his car recorded a 1.82 G in turn 6.

A quick look at Rfmarz's data shows a 1.74 G in turn 5 and a peak MPH of 107. No doubt the combination of slicks and BIG horsepower making a real difference here. As soon as I get the file organization worked out and can show who was driving each car during any given session, I'll get the data all posted for download so you can analyze it with the Traqview software.

Wow, I just found Twebb's session in Calscot's car. A 1:22.4 lap late on Saturday. Peak lateral G was 2.14 on the exit of turn 1 which carried him to a speed of 110 mph going into turn 2. Pulling a 1.82 G through turn 5, 1.83 in 6 and 105 MPH between 9 and 10 with a minimum speed through 10 of 49 MPH.

[/quote]
Randy, sounds like you might be interested in getting some more HP and a set of race slicks. Some of those G ratings are unbelievable. Who would have thought an Atom could pull a 1.82G.
cheers

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Awesome info Randy!

As I look thru my best lap of a 1:28.7 I found the highest G Spot (lol) was in turn 10 at 1.89. 110Mph was my highest speed on the front straight.

On one of my slow 1:29 laps I got a 1.93 in turn 6.  :tu: I think my Brammo 230 needs more power  ;D
Last edited by Bottoz on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jul

Post by Jul » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:22 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]

[/quote]
I think I'm getting a little motion sickness, just reading this.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:23 pm

;D :tu: ;D

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:38 pm

AtomFest Traqmate data is available for download at www.AtomFest.net http://www.atomfest.org/downloads/downloads.asp

All Traqmate files are stored in a zip file which has them arranged in subfolders for each car owner. The date and time shown for the files in Explorer is incorrect, but after opening each file, the true date and time will be displayed in the Traqview software.

A link is provided to download the free Traqview software from Track Systems, featured sponsor of AtomFest.