AtomFest - Saturday - Day 3

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

AtomFest - Saturday - Day 3

Post by Driver » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:23 am

More fibs and lies from AtomFest. :)

Pictures are in the Saturday Album in the Gallery.
Last edited by Driver on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason Perry Photo

Re: AtomFest - Saturday - Day 3

Post by Jason Perry Photo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:19 pm

I cant believe I found out about this event as late as I did!!! Just glad I found out, though. I am a gearhead/professional photographer out of Tulsa. I am going to be there before sunrise on Saturday morning and would like to do some sunrise shoots with the Atoms.

I will gladly trade my professional prints or CD/DVD image disks for a ride in the maniacal little machines if anyone is interested!!!

You can see my work at www.JasonPerryPhoto.com

Also see the CLIENT ONLINE PROOFING  link on the launch page of my website as I will be uploading and selling the pictures there.

Man, I hope you guys are having fun and I can't wait to be out there tomorrow!

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:22 pm

Perhaps you could give a copy of your CD to one of the Brit guys there :)

Would love to see the photos. Good luck

Jason Perry Photo

Post by Jason Perry Photo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:41 pm

It would be my pleasure! I am guessing it won't be too difficult to find one, right? If nothing else, I will set it up where you can order a CD from my proofing site.

But I still want a ride!

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:04 pm

I'm sure you'll get a ride - just ask.

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:46 pm

[quote="Jason Perry Photo"]I am a gearhead/professional photographer out of Tulsa. I am going to be there before sunrise on Saturday morning and would like to do some sunrise shoots with the Atoms.

You can see my work at www.JasonPerryPhoto.com

Man, I hope you guys are having fun and I can't wait to be out there tomorrow!
[/quote]
Cool, man!  See you here in the morning!

What's your OMP #?

Jacob :-)

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Saturday morning at Hallet

A clear night sky with a half moon, silent save for the creek-creek of insects.  Dawn is just a peach-colored streak on the horizon.  It is chilly: I'd say low 50's, Farenheit.  All the revellers of the night before made it home.

Just as the sun popped over the horizon, the beloved strains of the "Chicken Song" welcomed us to, if not awakeness, then to consciousness.

Photo Shoot

After breakfast, the driver's meeting was quite different.  Instead of reminding us of flags, we got a specific briefing on a mass Atom video and photo shoot.

Soon, ALL the Atoms were out on the track.  I saw an empty passenger seat, asked the driver if I could hop aboard and yes! I was a part of a molecule of over 20 Atoms!

We pulled out in a double column.  We snaked around the circuit at a slow speed, the AtomFest Special (the marked C6 Corvette) leading us around.  Photographers, snapping away, camped out like sentries on every corner.  The cool breeze wafted over us: a delightful early morning drive in the Oklahoma countryside, except we were on the wonderful Hallett circuit.

On the front straight, we formed up behind a pickup truck, videographers and two photographers perched in its bed.  On signal, each pair of Atoms blasted past each side of the pickup truck and blew down the front straight.

When they had videographed the entire field, they turned the pickup truck around and drove it backwards down the front straight.  Again, the twin lines of Atoms blasted past it and down the front.  So they caught video and photos of Atoms coming and going.

Then, the freakiest and funniest of the photo session, we reversed direction around the circuit.  Hallet, clockwise, is a totally different circuit.  Beautiful, new and fresh, to the eyes and to the steering wheel.

The blaring Atomic parade blared the "wrong" way  around Hallett, to stop on the straight just before "Turn 1."  The photographers arranged the Atoms in rows five across, with Randy's red-framed Atom crossways at the back.

Still Photographs

Then they took the still photography: just the cars, then all of us attendees, then all the drivers in line.  While the rest of us either kneeled or stood en masse on the track, the Masked Spaz demonstrated his reserved, conservative nature by lying down, spread-eagled, in front of the bunch of us, on the track.  In full Spaztastic attire.

They got some good shots of Randy standing in front of the molecule, but the photos could not catch the standing ovation we all gave him as he posed.

Then they snapped El Presidente Glorioso y Ingles Bruce Fielding with Randy and without Randy, standing self-consciously in front of the molecule.  More applause from us.

Finally, all the drivers sat on the beamed sides of their Atoms.  And the Crewkerne mechanics standing in a row right in front.  They faced the camera, and then away from the camera, to show off the logo on the backs of their shirts: "Ariel Atom: Less = More".  Fears and shouted encouragements of a mass mooning of the camera proved unfounded.

As the photographers pulled away, satisfied, and the Atoms drove back to the paddock for the morning's lapping, saint SIMON SAUNDERS, of blessed memory, arrived.

Unnoticed.

More later.

Yr fthfl srvnt,

Jacob :-)

Jamin

Post by Jamin » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:04 pm

I have been away from the forums for months, and wasn't aware of this meeting until mid week.  I would have had no issue telling my business partners that the Sunday meeting was postponed, and driving to Bullhead to meet & greet, and finally see my obsession up close and personal!  The race track in Parhump has a few that I could drop in and see I suppose, but that's just not the saem - they're "tame" Atoms, living in a controlled environment and available to the public for a few hundred dollars for an afternoon.  I want to see this group in the wild!

Jacob - your posts are fantastic, and lead me to believe that all my wildest imaginings are well founded.  Keep 'em coming!

PLEASE look me up (my numbers are posted in the "AtomFest planning" thread) when the west coast molecule passes through Vegas (or Lake Mead, whatever is decided).  If a stop in Vegas is decided upon, I would be more than happy to make use of what connections I have to arrange whatever accomodations/entertainment is desired - someone drop me a line!  I would love to put faces to names, talk EcoTec with anyone who'll listen, and run a hand over a fender or two.  Are breif rides available to future owners for a round of drinks or something along those lines?  :)

Be safe and have fun, all!!

Jason Perry Photo

Post by Jason Perry Photo » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:53 pm

Okay! So, that was more fun than a bathtub full of Jell-O! Man, I have been so crazy about these cars and upon finally experiencing one, they went far beyond my expectations. You guys are all great, too! Thanks so much for the insanely fun day! I really hope this becomes a regular destination for the Atom club.

Anyway, on to what you guys are really interested in! I took around 1000 photographs over the duration of the day (and last night at Sonic). Sunday will be consumed by weeding out the bad ones and spicing up the good ones. I should have them all up on my proofing page by the beginning of next week.

Go to my launch page on my website www.jasonperryphoto.com and click on "Clients click here for online proofing" or you can just save this direct link right here: http://www.imagequix.com/photog.php?id=M9YJE93

Questions, requests or comments, let me know!!
Jason
918-853-2705
jason@jasonperryphoto.com

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 am

Thanks Jacob for the updates  - let us know if Simon makes a speach - bet he doesn't  ;)

Look forward to the images Jason  :tu:

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:40 pm

[quote="jon b"]
[/quote]

Bet he does...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:12 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="jon b"]
[/quote]

Bet he does...
[/quote]

Nah bet he doesn't no wait he did

Ben

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:21 am

Interview with Simon Saunders

I talked for an hour and a half with Saint Simon (of blessed memory). 

OH, my, it's late.

Got some good information about the Atom . . .

I am really tired: must go to bed

. . . and future Ariel cars.

More later.

Yr fthfl srvnt,

Jacob Potts :-)

Jammer

Re: AtomFest... not to have been missed...

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:32 am

still no clue what was happening here..
Attachments
atomfest 0421.jpg
atomfest 0421.jpg (107.11 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Jammer

Re: AtomFest... not to have been missed...

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:38 am

mmmm
Attachments
atomfest 0311.jpg
atomfest 0311.jpg (93.34 KiB) Viewed 629 times