Braille Rallye is this Sat. (Jul 14th) and they NEED drivers!

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Mr.Woolery

Braille Rallye is this Sat. (Jul 14th) and they NEED drivers!

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:06 am

Anyone interested in joining me (I'll be driving my Atom) in participating in a great event benefitting blind kids? The Braille Rallye is happening this Saturday (14 Jul) at the Los Angeles Braille Institute, and they are in desperate need of volunteer drivers with cool cars!

The Braille Rallye is a time/speed/distance rallye in which you would be the driver and your navigator is a student at the Braille Institute, giving you navigation instructions which are written in braille. I've participated in this event several times, and it's always a blast! It's also a great day for the kids who benefit in practicing their braille reading skills while having the opportunity to "drive" a fun car in a fun driving event. 

The Braille Rallye is in serious need of volunteer drivers (they're short of drivers this year), so If you're interested in participating in the event & helping some kids, please let me know by PM'ing me your e-mail address so I can forward the e-mail info and registration packet. Preregistration is a must (so the event coordinators can match navigators with drivers), so let me know ASAP if you're going to be able to make it.  Registration is $10 (which goes to benefit the kids).

Let me know if you want to go.  I hope to see you there!