WCA 3

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

Re: WCA 3

Post by Driver » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Sorry about you taking a hit to the ole noggin' CalScot. Best wishes for a speedier recovery. You have locals to terrorize so get with it!  :vroom:

Karl

Post by Karl » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:33 am

I'm signed up for B1 because I'm not a huge fan of open passing. If there aren't too many boneheads in the A group on the day of the event, maybe I can switch.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 am

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="pdxmac"]
Calscot, did you sufer any Dain Bramage?
[/quote]
Funny you typde that becasue I have had an almost impossible time trying to compose any type of lengthy written correspondance. It's been hard at my office whne I have made it in becasue it has been so bad. As I type now I can see the mistakes I have already written here and they are not for a joke. My last post here took me 30 minutes to write after several attempts and I used MS Word to help me!

I was on my kids bcycle. I flipped over on my head. Knocked myself out for a while. Had a further collaps when I crawled home. It was totaly stupid on my part. It's been quite tough. Constant recurring bouts of amnesia, chronic headaches and depression. An MRI & CT scan showed nothing major but i feel like I'm stoned 24/7. Just started to really get some clarity the past few days but I'm only good for about 4-6 hours of activity and then I'm wasted. Still kicking though. I've got one or two lifes left I think :)

Thanks for the support though form all of you.
[/quote]
If this is the case I'd better get back to Cali pronto, to meet up with you.
I've got some legal documents for you to sign, and I should install training wheels on all the bikes :laugh:

Buddy, remember when I compared your life to a cats......the cat has 9 lives.
Well, you've gone through too many to count already, so remember play safe.
Glad to hear you're feeling better.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 am

I wouldn't miss this event. I'll be there in my Atom, but unfortunately I won't be able to run it on the track (racing budgets force tough decisions).

I'll be there to hang out, listen to Pete's stories, argue with people, & help any way I can.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:10 am

[quote="dp35"]
I wouldn't miss this event. I'll be there in my Atom, but unfortunately I won't be able to run it on the track (racing budgets force tough decisions).

I'll be there to hang out, listen to Pete's stories, argue with people, & help any way I can.
[/quote]
I'd like to have you help with a track set-up seminar. Go over how you dialed your car in over the past 5 years. Also help with track instruction. Possibly bring your Traqmate and log some data on anybody who wants to get better. I'd really like to help TMI with the Spec Racer Atom series and if anybody's even considered racing, I think we can get them a decent intro with your help and Shinoo.
It's about time we got some folk seriously beating the hell out of these cars on track and getting into racing them.
I'll put up $100 for the fastest lap time of the weekend!

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:59 pm

^^ Sounds good CalScot. Count me in.

payne

Post by payne » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Dammit, I'm scheduled to be in Mexico that weekend.  :doh:

I'll make one of these events one of these days...

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:07 pm

It's pretty much impossible to have a better time than at one of Peters' Cali Adventures.

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:56 pm

Let's start the list of participants.

Yes
Peter
DP35

Maybe
Mac

Karl

Post by Karl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 am

Yes
  • Peter
  • DP35
  • Karl

Maybe
  • Mac

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 pm

[quote="Karl"]
Yes
  • Peter
  • DP35
  • Karl

Maybe
  • Mac
[/quote]

We have several coming that are not taking the time to check here obviously.

Gents,
The trackday event is almost full. If your coming to this, you need to get on the Trackmasters website and sign up and pay ASAP or it's going to be sold out here very soon. I picked Infineon to be central to as many as possible on the West Coast. So far, we have a majority from SoCal, some from the Bay area and a couple from the NW. There are more verbally commited than have signed up. The TDO emailed me today and told me it's almost fully booked with only a few places left, so please get on it and sign up  :angel:

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:15 am

Hey guys.  I reserved a spot online, but haven't heard back from TM yet.  Went B1 - only 2nd time at Infineon.  Hopefully I hear back from TM soon.

Any thoughts on a good hotel nearby? 

Thanks,  Tom

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:39 pm

[quote="Thomas"]
Hey guys.  I reserved a spot online, but haven't heard back from TM yet.  Went B1 - only 2nd time at Infineon.  Hopefully I hear back from TM soon.

Any thoughts on a good hotel nearby? 

Thanks,  Tom
[/quote]
Several of us have got reservations in but have had no reply. I heard from him this morning and he apologized as he has been busy and has a backlog of about 100 to process. I am hoping we can get confirmation soon as I need to book other stuff. It's really the biggest cluster F*&%$ of a registration process I've ever had to deal with. I'm sure the weekend on track will make up for it thought once we get there  :vroom:

Sorry but I have no idea on hotels. I am bringing mine with me on wheels  ;D

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 pm

[quote="CalScot"]

Several of us have got reservations in but have had no reply. I heard from him this morning and he apologized as he has been busy and has a backlog of about 100 to process. I am hoping we can get confirmation soon as I need to book other stuff. It's really the biggest cluster F*&%$ of a registration process I've ever had to deal with. I'm sure the weekend on track will make up for it thought once we get there  :vroom:

Sorry but I have no idea on hotels. I am bringing mine with me on wheels  ;D
[/quote]

Just heard back from him, and I'm in for both days.  I'll start to look into some local spots to stay, and post up as soon as I learn more.  Should be a great event, and am really looking forward to meeting folks.  Also looking forward to driving my street legal Atom across the Golden Gate bridge!!!

Karl

Post by Karl » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:44 pm

I've also been confirmed for the whole weekend.