WCA 3

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Thomas

Re: WCA 3

Post by Thomas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Just picked up our new (well new to us anyway) Atom 2.  I'm in the Bay Area, so would absolutely be interested in attending.  Dates work well for me.

Best,

Tom

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Gent's,
It's about time we started to look at this and get some serious dialog started about schedule, extra activities ect. I'm going, even if I go myself ;D

Lately, things have been quiet here in the US about Atom stuff. That's a shame as the best part about your Atom is a road and track gig with other Atom nuts. Over the next couple of weeks I will throw out some ideas on the WCA 3. If we get enough commitments early on here, I can organize WCA 3 shirts and hats, an onsite catered BBQ, trophies and awards for the ugliest owner and the like!  :laugh:

Otherwise, we can all just BYOB and go loosy goosy with Speedventures with no "formal" organizing. It's up to you lot what you want. Personally, I'm running out of Atom shirts and good stories so it's time for a memorable whacky Atom weekend in my books ;D

Party on!

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:04 am

I'm still up for this if others are.  I know that Trackmasters is also running Infineon that day, but it would be SO much more fun to run with only Atoms.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Thanks,

Tom

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:03 am

[quote="Thomas"]
I'm still up for this if others are.  I know that Trackmasters is also running Infineon that day, but it would be SO much more fun to run with only Atoms.

Thanks,

Tom
[/quote]

Tom, thanks  for the offer.
The Infineon event is a joint effort by Speedventures and Trackmasters, so it's the same deal. If we had enough Atoms, we could easily get our own run group. The big issue with this in the past is that not all Atom owners want to run with some of the faster Atoms in an open group and would prefer to run in a slower group. I dont see the logic myself but that's just me.
So far, the commitments are slim and it might be just me...and you  :)
I'm racing there on the weekend of the 25th with NASA and I need the track time so I'm in for sure.
I have no idea why the interest has been so weak. It's an awesome track!

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:40 pm

I've only been spent 1 day on that track, and that was in an all-wheel drive car.  I think it might be the most technical track in North America (turns within turns) which makes it a bit intimidating - that and the walls.  It was a bit humbling for me, but an awesome time, and I felt a real sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Well, I'm in for sure, so let me know if there is anything I can do in terms of set-up.  I'm trying to convince my friend to purchase Atom 2 before September, so perhaps we'll have 3 of us there. 

Tom

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Thomas"]

Thanks,

Tom
[/quote]

Tom, thanks  for the offer.
The Infineon event is a joint effort by Speedventures and Trackmasters, so it's the same deal. If we had enough Atoms, we could easily get our own run group. The big issue with this in the past is that not all Atom owners want to run with some of the faster Atoms in an open group and would prefer to run in a slower group. I dont see the logic myself but that's just me.
So far, the commitments are slim and it might be just me...and you  :)
I'm racing there on the weekend of the 25th with NASA and I need the track time so I'm in for sure.
I have no idea why the interest has been so weak. It's an awesome track!
[/quote]

SaturnV

Post by SaturnV » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Just to chime in... I am still planning on doing this. I have not signed up with Speedventures yet, but plan to do so soon.

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:00 pm

I am committed, but likewise, have not signed up for the SV event yet. I will be there. :)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:21 pm

My goal is to not sign up with the TDO yet, but get a commited group of us so I can hopefully negotiate some freebies or designated paddock area or something. If we sign up first, I loose the negotiation edge

SaturnV

Post by SaturnV » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Count me as "commited". If you need contact info, please PM me.

Regards,
Craig

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:29 pm

To my fellow Atom owners, I am sorry I have been MIA lately on this event. I had zero reply from the TDO on a commitment until the past couple days and I went and crashed a bike with no helmet on about a month ago and I've been struggling to recover. I'm now booked for the two days on track, September 10th and 11th where I will be running the Atom.

I plan on being at the track on 9/7 as I will be testing with PR1 in the F2000 on 9/8 and possibly 9/9 in preparation for the F2000 race on 9/25. Anybody who wants to show up early on any of those days to get behind the scenes is welcome to share the motorhome and see how it's all done.

As we get closer and see how many sign up, we can decide on a couple of road trip destinations in the local area and refine the social schedule side of things. I plan on having a tech meeting where we can discuss chassis track set-up, the track layout and anything Atom technical. We have a few excellent guys to help with this. Also we have some excellent drivers with us and I am sure there will be plenty of help on track for those who want it. I have signed up for the A group. It would be nice to have some guys to chase around so I suggest we all sign up for that unless you've never been on a track before.

It's a great track. I'm looking forward to it and I hope to see as many of you there as possible. If you did not get the direct email I sent earlier and want to come, please PM me your email and contact details to be on the direct email list for this.
Thanks!
Register here:  http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Crashed a bike with no helmet on...... :o
C'mon CalScot, safety first! You'd be missed by us all....don't let it happen again!
Cheers Wattie and Kel (x to make you feel better)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Pete,

Sorry to hear of your recent bike incident - hopefully not a 40' cliff this time!

Sounds bad enough but you're on the mend - Don't forget that helmet next time  :wize:
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Calscot, did you sufer any Dain Bramage?

Monza

Post by Monza » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm

;D We can know agree that Pete Head is 100% made of bones ! ;D
More serioulsly, Hope you are going well now Pete ;)
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 pm

[quote="pdxmac"]
Calscot, did you sufer any Dain Bramage?
[/quote]
Funny you typde that becasue I have had an almost impossible time trying to compose any type of lengthy written correspondance. It's been hard at my office whne I have made it in becasue it has been so bad. As I type now I can see the mistakes I have already written here and they are not for a joke. My last post here took me 30 minutes to write after several attempts and I used MS Word to help me!

I was on my kids bcycle. I flipped over on my head. Knocked myself out for a while. Had a further collaps when I crawled home. It was totaly stupid on my part. It's been quite tough. Constant recurring bouts of amnesia, chronic headaches and depression. An MRI & CT scan showed nothing major but i feel like I'm stoned 24/7. Just started to really get some clarity the past few days but I'm only good for about 4-6 hours of activity and then I'm wasted. Still kicking though. I've got one or two lifes left I think :)

Thanks for the support though form all of you.