WCA 3

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
atomathics

Re: WCA 3

Post by atomathics » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:53 am

All this sounds good, all of it!

I'll throw in a variation.  If it *could* be done, it would be great to make it a doubleheader.  Laguna & Sears Point.  Sears Point & Thunderhill.  It would be cool to do two tracks in one trip.

Another one I've wanted to do is a Nevada thing.  Call it the Sin City Silver Classic, or something like that.  Do Spring Mountain in Pharump and finish with LVMS.  Definitely a late, late summer thing, temps-wise.

Side trip – a convoy of Atoms down The Strip... that would be interesting.

CalScot

Re: WCA 3 at INFINEON, September 10 and 11th.

Post by CalScot » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm

OK Gents, I've scoured the available tracks, events and TDO dates and there's really nothing better than Infineon on September 10/11th.  There's a couple of good June & early July choices but they all conflict with something or another and are too soon for me to round up a good group....so it's

WCA 3 is officially September 10/11th at Infineon!

I'll fill in the details as we go along. Basically we will all eventually sign up directly with Speed ventures or Trackmasters (It's a joint event). I'll negotiate any discount or scam any freebies I can out of whoever I can as we move along. We will try to get a dedicated run group if we have enough sign ups. The more that come, the more leverage I have to negotiate stuff.

I will organize a social day for the 9th, Friday. Probably some sort of drive, lunch and or dinner thing. I've got some good ideas that need some sorting out before I say too much  
Hopefully, I can get the V8 to come. That will be a nice touch.
I will organize for some of the track junkies to volunteer as instructors for those that want some help. We have some great drivers in our group so we can help ourselves.
We could host a technical seminar where anybody can ask anything about what and how to deal with the Atom. We should have a good cross section of expertise to answer pretty much anything you could ask about the car.

Please post if you are interested and let's get the head count rolling. There's no cut-off with the exception that it's a very popular venue and I reckon it could sell out by early August or earlier so we really want to have everybody signed up by Late July if we can to ensure you don't get left out. This is a done deal. I'll be there, even if I am all by myself, so let’s get it on and make it the best event to date!

Party on!

"edited to fix my crappy speling due to piss poor eyesight and dislexic stuff"
Last edited by CalScot on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karl

Post by Karl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:21 pm

I am SO in.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 am

Im in! Hammy probably too.

Never gone to Infineon and the weekend schedule works well with me!!

We will discuss further at LBGP.

Thanks for organizing this!

fiesty

Gage

Post by Gage » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:31 am

This is going to be another amazing event. 

If I can make it, I'll fly in and tag along any way I can.  I wont have time to drive my Atom out. 

If anyone missed the last one, I can assure you, this is SO WORTH GOING!!!

dp35

Post by dp35 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:02 am

Awesome!  Just 40 minutes from my house (but I still might tow the Atom).  I'll be racing there the weekend before this & Peter will be a couple weeks after.

If anyone wants to study videos of an Atom on this track, see the link below. Also check out my Spec Miata race videos from Infineon for some good racing entertainment. 
http://www.vimeo.com/user440634/videos

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 am

I may be in LA that week on biz - what you reckon to me popping up and getting some pax rides etc with you nutters ?

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:23 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
I may be in LA that week on biz - what you reckon to me popping up and getting some pax rides etc with you nutters ?

T
[/quote]

It would be a great to have you! I have no doubt you'd get all the pax rides you could handle and I'll give you a proper go in my wee beastie too.  ;D

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Just checking details but all looks good. Thanks Pete - cant wait ! Prefer to be at Laguna tho.......... ;D

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:23 pm

[quote="Trigger"]

T
[/quote]

FYI, Sears Point is about six hours north of Los Angeles by car.  If you fly from Los Angeles, probably budget three hours total to fly to SFO, get a rental car and do the drive to the track!

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks - was assuming abt that - driving is too much - so would get a flight up, hire a car, then drive over. Probably flym home direct from San Fran on Sunday evening.

T

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Pete, Thank you very much for once again going out of your way to organize this.  You are awesome sir!  This has to be a kin to herding cats.

Dibs on an early ride with Darin! (Only to learn the track of course)

SaturnV

Post by SaturnV » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm in.

Absolutely, positively in.

positron

Post by positron » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:47 am

[quote="Norm"]
Dibs on an early ride with Darin! (Only to learn the track of course soil my trousers early)
[/quote]

made a few corrections for you there Bud..

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:40 am

The timing doesn't look promising for me, but I'm still very excited to see that it's happening.  You guys are going to have a blast!  Perfect time of the year for a track day, IMO.  Plenty hot to get your tires a'grippin' and not so hot that you'll be completely zonked by noon.