KINOD Sunday Drive (13 June 2010, 9am-2pm) SoCal

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Mr.Woolery

KINOD Sunday Drive (13 June 2010, 9am-2pm) SoCal

Post by Mr.Woolery » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 am

[align=center]KINOD Sunday Drive[/align]

[align=center]Sunday, 13 June 2010, 9am-2pm[/align]

If you have a free Sunday, and you'd like to go for a nice drive in some of the best driving roads in the world...have I got a treat for you. Come out and enjoy some tarmac worship with me and my friends on a KINOD Sunday Drive. This is an open marque event, but as host I'll be driving the Atom.  Invite your friends who have sports cars and know how to drive them. We'll all have fun together!

Meeting/Departure/Ending Point:
9:00am meet, depart at 9:29am
Jack In The Box parking lot
Kanan Road exit off the 101 FWY
Agoura Hills

The Route:
From the departure point at Kanan-->Mulholland Hwy-->Las Virgines-->Piuma--Las Flores Cyn-->PCH (north)-->Latigo-->Kanan Dume-->Mulholland Hwy (again)-->Stunt-->Saddle Peak-->Tuna Canyon-->PCH (north again)-->Los Flores Cyn-->Piuma (again, opposite direction)-->Los Virgines (again, opposite direction)--Mulholland (again, opposite direction)-->Kanan (again, opposite direction...)-->back to original meeting point, lunch at Islands, and then go home on 101.

Notes:
-We'll be dividing the drive into two groups, Regular Drivers and Advanced Drivers. The Regular Drivers group will run at a slower, more casual pace. You should only drive with the Advanced Drivers if you have substantial mountain driving experience and know advanced driving techniques (such as heel/toe, rev matching, lane discipline, know "The Pace", etc).

-Make sure you top off your tank at the gas station next door to the meeting point prior to departure.

-Bring extra money if you plan to have lunch with the group at the end of the drive. The plan is to eat at one of the restaurants at the meeting/departure/endpoint. Most likely it'll be Island Burgers.

-If you or your passenger tends to get carsick, bring Dramamine. You'll need it.

-This is not a race or touge run. Don't overdrive your car, because you can crash...and you DON'T want to crash on these roads (they're very unforgiving).

-If you find that you are holding up traffic, please use turnouts and let the person behind you pass. There is no shame in letting someone pass.

-Drive at your own pace. If you lose sight of the person behind you, you should stop at any intersection where a turn is being made and wait until they have you in sight before you continue onto the next leg. That way, we don't leave people behind because of missed turns.

nickpoore

Re: KINOD Sunday Drive (13 June 2010, 9am-2pm) SoCal

Post by nickpoore » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:02 pm

Well, since it's a 20-minute drive from my house, I suppose I'd better come along.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:44 pm

My Atoms getting some stuff done and is out of commision so no chance for me but it sounds like a lot of fun and a speeding ticket to boot:)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:29 pm

EVENT CANCELED DUE TO DEATH IN IMMEDIATE FAMILY THIS MORNING.