Long Beach GP April 17th

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
fiestycolumbian

Long Beach GP April 17th

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:43 am

Planning to attend the Saturday of the LBGP weekend.

ALMS, Indycar, Indylights, Drifting, Expo events. Great events, great weather.

Here is a schedule:
http://www.gplb.com/weekend_schedule.html

So far atomatics and I will be attending. Would be cool if any socal guys could come?

fiesty

CalScot

Re: Long Beach GP April 17th

Post by CalScot » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:45 pm

I'm in for sure.
Probably more than one day. I am still trying to find some secure parking for the Atom (Atoms)

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 pm

Yep, I'm in as well.  Ready to do it properly, too...

If we pick Saturday, for example, here are some of the prices:

http://www.gplb.com/ticket_prices.html
General admission, no reserved seating: $42
Paddock pass: $20
1-day circuit parking, Shoreline: $15

So about $80 doing it cheaply.

There's another way to go, though, and that's doing one of the hospitality packages.  There's a bunch of choices here, but the C-300 Paddock Club looks somewhat interesting... $269 for all three days, includes seating between the hairpin and finish (meh, I like to walk around), paddock access, buffet breakfast and lunch, and one free parking per four tickets.

http://www.gplb.com/vip_clubpackages.html

Of course if there's other options I don't know about, let me know...

a
Last edited by atomathics on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm

I've been invited to the RRDC Banquet on he 15th in Long Beach. They must be desperate to let me in there but I'm going none the less.  ;D
Considering the table I am sitting at, I fully expect to be racing in the main event that weekend  :laugh:

I'm up for doing it in style. I've always went there on free tickets and they were always crap..go figure. This year, I really want to show up in the Atom with my loud exhaust and a full tank of race fuel (just in case), and have good secure parking and access to everything and have good seats. It might be a dream but I'm going for it if I can.

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Any updates on this? I have a meeting on the 17th in the Long Beach Marriott about 3PM. I figure on staying in the hotel for the GP next day?

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Still planning to go either Saturday or Sunday, just don't know which.

If you get to Long Beach early enough on Saturday, there's all sorts of things going on that you could check out before your meeting, so Sunday isn't the only day worth going to.

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm

Go on Sunday and come out to our Open House on Saturday.  Mark & Rob from TMI will be in attendance....as will my Atom3.  :)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:21 pm

I was planning on going up to LB this week to check out the private parking availability at the surrounding facilities to see if we can get a group of Atoms ringside at the event. I think it would be cool if a big molecule rolled on up Ocean Blvd and into the GP area.

Business got in the way of it this week but next week should be better for me. I will report with any findings.

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
I was planning on going up to LB this week to check out the private parking availability at the surrounding facilities to see if we can get a group of Atoms ringside at the event. I think it would be cool if a big molecule rolled on up Ocean Blvd and into the GP area.

Business got in the way of it this week but next week should be better for me. I will report with any findings.
[/quote]

What about the Marriott? Would they look after a molecule for a bung do you think?

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:04 am

[quote="AndyLUFC"]
[quote="CalScot"]

[/quote]

What about the Marriott? Would they look after a molecule for a bung do you think?
[/quote]
In this economy, I reckon you could get anything you liked for a few bucks :laugh:
The Marriot might work. I was kinda dreaming about Atoms in full view of the track on Shoreline Village lots, so we cold keep an eye on em as well making a grand entrance ;D

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:10 am

Plainly that works too!  :tu:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:45 pm

[quote="AndyLUFC"]
[/quote]

The Atom has form.  Bruce, John Lloyd and I all joined an exhibition of F1 cars in Paris after turning up at random.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="AndyLUFC"]
[/quote]

The Atom has form.  Bruce, John Lloyd and I all joined an exhibition of F1 cars in Paris after turning up at random.
[/quote]

That was a bit special! Classic F1 cars right up to current ones, and then three Atoms, all on the road leading to the Arc de Triomphe... Class...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

OK Gents,
I have secured some fantastic private parking but we need to move quick.
Right in Shoreline Village, on the edge of the track with a full track view. Don't ask me how I found it ;)
Cost is $25 per day per car. Good for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
I really need a count by the end of today or your s##t out of luck
FWIW, I am going Friday and Sunday.
Party on!

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Put me down for one spot on Sunday. (I pray I can get the atom running by then)

fiesty