Cal Speedway Track Day, Nov, 20, 21, 22

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
CalScot

Cal Speedway Track Day, Nov, 20, 21, 22

Post by CalScot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:29 pm

http://www.speedventures.com/events/eve ... spx?id=264

Any takers? It's very close and cheap for me. I will be running the F2000 car as my Atom is still in pieces.
Saturday seems to be the day most can make it. If we get more than 5 total, (for any day or combination) we get free timing or garage space.

I will have the trailer and can bring BBQ and stuff to make a day of it if we have any helper volunteers.

hondahamster

Re: Cal Speedway Track Day, Nov, 20, 21, 22

Post by hondahamster » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:53 pm

The Hamster will be there.. ;D I should be called TrackHamster from now on :laugh:
The age min is 18 right? ??? 
It is going to be legendary.. my first trackday.. everyone mark your calendars. 
So come on out and see if you can beat me, by checking your times on our FREE laptimers if you come. >:D
I will full my s2k trunk full of gear and if anyone wants some special food requests :drool:
-TrackHamster :D

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I will be there - with family in tow.

I know a few others are interested...

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Dose anyone need ballast?

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:15 am

Looking to go...but may take the Miata.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:03 am

[quote="pdxmac"]
Dose anyone need ballast?
[/quote]
Mac, you know your always welcome. I'm sure there will be plenty opportunities for a ride and there's always food and a place for you.
Saturday seems like the biggest turnout day.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 am

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
Looking to go...but may take the Miata.
[/quote]
Would love to see & hear that wee turbo'ed beast go down that straight Spaz. You did a real nice job on it so bring it out to play :)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 am

Anybody who is thinking of this track day really needs to sign up in the next day or so. The list of participants is long already and I am thinking it will be sold out by the end of this week. If not, at a minimum, your choosen run group will be sold out. Book it soon!

shaft420

Post by shaft420 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:11 am

It was great meeting everyone today. Many thanks for all of the help with my wheel!

Nick, thanks for lending me your spares.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Details, lads!  How was it?

Hammy, did the S2K treat you well?

Would have loved to make it, fingers crossed for the next one...

a
Last edited by atomathics on Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 am

Well the hamster and I had a great time! Great weather, great cars, great track, and best of all fantastic company.

Good to see Nicolas, Calscot, Maverick, and Shaft420.

Special thanks to Calscot. We figured out a way to shoehorn my 6'1" frame in Calscot's F2000 racecar. Those 6 laps at the end of the day, were just epic. By far the best car I have ever driven. The gearbox was just crisp and effortless. The Zetec engine, so torquey and smooth. I still cannot put into words how great the F2000 was. As I pulled in, I was shaking my head, and wanted to remain in the car forever. Fuel and daylight had other ideas!!
I know for a lot of people, myself included, the Atom changed how we feel about cars, in terms of speed and car dynamics. Well the F2000 just reset that feeling again for me. I dont plan on giving up my atom, but man, I would love to get something similar.

Anyway, we should do this again early next year!

fiesty

hondahamster

Post by hondahamster » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:31 pm

All i can say is that weekend was up there with Atomfest :tu:
It was a blast to drive the s2000 around the track. The neutral car was so easy to guide into corners and enough power to keep up with shaft420, up until Hamster got to ahead of himself an spun out coming off the "roval" in cold tires. :P Nearly left my bumper their on the track :D
Hamster learned alot about car control and how to attack corners throughout the day. :) He even passed a Gt-R ;D(not that good of a driver) ::)
Like always it is awesome to hang out with the atom crew again.  :tu:
So when/where is the next track day? ??? :laugh:
-TrackHamSter >:D

dp35

Post by dp35 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Glad to hear you guys had a good time, and that the Hamster got to drive the S2000 home.  I told ya Hammy, those GT-R's aren't that great!  Fiesty - WOW!

I was at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Thunderhill over the weekend, racing on a team with another Atom owner (who shall remain nameless but abandoned this forum over her love of cleavage).  Had a good time, drove a 5 hour stint, finished 3rd out of 158 crappy cars.  Next is the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in two weeks.  It will be the biggest race I've driven, and I'll be on the Miata team that won its class last year.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:02 pm

It was a great day out. Perfect weather and great company as always. Thanks to all who showed up and helped out with stuff and to Fiesty, Hammy and Nick for helping me pack up all my crap and load the car at the end of the day.

I missed not having my Atom but it's still a great day at the track no matter what car you drive as long as you have such good company. For me it was also good practice and seat time in the new toy. This weekend was my first time ever in any formula car where I had a seat made to fit me. What a huge difference it makes to actually be comfortable and in the right position.

[quote="dp35"]
Glad to hear you guys had a good time, and that the Hamster got to drive the S2000 home.  I told ya Hammy, those GT-R's aren't that great!  Fiesty - WOW!

I was at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Thunderhill over the weekend, racing on a team with another Atom owner (who shall remain nameless but abandoned this forum over her love of cleavage).  Had a good time, drove a 5 hour stint, finished 3rd out of 158 crappy cars.  Next is the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in two weeks.  It will be the biggest race I've driven, and I'll be on the Miata team that won its class last year.
[/quote]

DP35,
Did you see or talk to the "Los Mazdarachi's". They were the team with the old RX7 dressed with a donkey head up front and and Mexican theme?

I'm sure the LeMons gig was good prep for the next stint. 3rd is really good. Some of those cars look crap but I know that the crappy looking engines in some were really made to look crappy and were really quite high end race motors with a bad paint job.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:15 am

[quote="CalScot"]
Did you see or talk to the "Los Mazdarachi's". They were the team with the old RX7 dressed with a donkey head up front and and Mexican theme?[/quote]

Yeah I think I know the car.  The reason I remember it was because one of its drivers sucked so bad.  Fast car + bad driver = pain in the arse to pass.