Are you coming to AtomFest?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to

Are you planning to attend AtomFest in September?

You may select 1 option

View results

DarthChicken

Re: Are you coming to AtomFest?

Post by DarthChicken » Thu May 14, 2009 12:40 am

[quote="Driver"]
Drive it? I hear people talking about this or that being too far in the UK when it's just 300-400 miles. Oklahoma to DC is over 1,300 miles! One way! That's a trek.  Although, plan a few days and some sightseeing along the way and it wouldn't be so bad. Tail of the Dragon and some other pretty country is along that route. I did Austin to Detroit (Woodward Dream Cruise) non-stop once. I never want to do that again.
[/quote]

1300 miles one way!?  OH NO!  :laugh:

That's not a trek.  Portland to Tulsa, that's a trek.  1300 miles is two days in an atom.  Two days driving one of the coolest cars on the planet.  Oh poor me!  ;D

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Thu May 14, 2009 1:16 am

Hmm...Curt..I'm in Ma...and trailer because I drive till things break........and I can't walk more than 20 miles a day,though I haven't had to for years. 

I'm on the fence...but leaning.. which car to take though... :D

McFred

Post by McFred » Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 pm

I've got time off reserved and am looking forward to it.

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 am

I'm hoping to be there.  :tu:

Please see my 'AtomFest - Alec's Plans' thread.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Gage

Post by Gage » Thu May 28, 2009 4:44 am

I can't wait.  =0)

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Sorry, guys, I can't come to AtomFest II.

For some reason, this year's allergy season is the worst I have ever experienced.  Breathing the air is like breathing many tiny razor blades.  My eyes are fire-engine red.  I even have developed a low-grade fever.

When I went to my doctor (the good one, the one that lowered my sinus infections from 12 per year to only one last year), he had nothing but palliative measures for me.  And the allergens at Hallett, OK are worse than here in the DFW metroplex! ACK! 

My doctor has a great sense of gallows humor.  He prescribed: "Avoid all contact with Earth's atmosphere until, oh, say, mid-October."  :D

You see, I reduced my participation in the Atom forum entirely inadvertently.  It was because I attended AtomFest I.  Being at Hallett, with you guys, for real and not just virtually, and with 25-30 of The Fastest Cars In The World, well, Wow!  It was fantastic!  Being on a forum pales in comparison.

I have awaited AtomFest II these last two years with great anticipation.

But, on doctor.'s orders, I cannot come.

I hope you guys have an absolute blast at AtomFest II.

Les Nordman (AKA Jacob Potts) :-)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Les, good to hear from you had hoped you were ok since your forum activity had reduced.

I am afraid I am not going to make Atomfest II as work commitments are in the way, will be in the right country just the wrong part of it.  Very frustrating as AFI was a fantastic event.

Anyway hope everyone has a great time and look forward to living it through the forum

Cheers

Ben

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:01 am

Nadine and I will be flying out to Dallas in about four hours so we should arrive there on Sunday. Image Image
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:47 am

;)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:30 am

We won't have our old sold Atom but my wife and I, and best friend Jason will be there from Monday afternoon serving as volunteers and helping hands.  That is me coming sloppily out of the B**** at Hallet.  Hallet is such a fun track! 
Attachments
IMGP2231.jpg
IMGP2231.jpg (49.47 KiB) Viewed 566 times
IMGP2249.jpg
IMGP2249.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 568 times

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:50 am

Well, let's see....on Monday I went dow the street for a test run and the bonnet fell off. Went under the front wheel and got basically trashed. $500 of repair and I pick up tonight and they repair guy got the color wrong. Last night, re-torquing the rear axle nuts I found one jammed. By the time it came off with the help of a 6' cheater bar and Map Gas, the axle threads were totally ruined. 2am calls to Ariel UK and them to TMI sourced a new axle/driveshaft. did get the current one fixed today by way of total dissassembly of the shaft and turning the CV joint end on a lathe and re- threading it. All done by Hytech. That man is not only an  :angel:, he is a genius and can make or fix anything perfectly. Thank you John...once again for dropping everything to help my sorry arse out of another pickle :-*

Been waiting on tires for a week and they are not here yet. Finally arranged to get a set to pick up on my way out of OC to Barstow where I am scheduled to pick up Atomgirl.

Go to hook up the trailer 1 hour ago and find that I have "lost" my heavy duty receiver off my truck. :doh:

I do have plenty of good wine and food packed though ;D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 am

The big question is - do you have a good alternator on the rig you're driving?  ;)

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:09 am

So Peter, in other words your preparations are going normal? That's what I'm reading there. :)

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

I'll try not to think of the fun you're having while I'm busy working.  ;)

Although commissioning brand new plant can have its own kind of adrenaline attachment.

Alec

Post by Alec » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:51 pm

[quote="What is the name of your dog?"]
Do try and cheer up,Alec.. ;)
[/quote]

I am trying, but at my age it isn't easy.  :wize: