Are you coming to AtomFest?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to

Are you planning to attend AtomFest in September?

You may select 1 option

View results

Gage

Re: Are you coming to AtomFest?

Post by Gage » Tue May 12, 2009 2:11 am

I'll be there with two or three friends and maybe a go-kart of some sort.  =)

joelcool

Post by joelcool » Tue May 12, 2009 2:42 am

I should be able to make it!

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue May 12, 2009 8:03 am

[quote="EricHowe"]
I'm definitely up for it. ;)
[/quote]

Can I model for some of your photo's again?  ::)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue May 12, 2009 9:33 am

Can't make this year. Too close to my wedding anniversary.

Anyone who hasn't gone should definitely go. It was awesome.

Any Brits who haven't gone need to uphold the high moral standards set by your predecessors!

I'll be there in spirit.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Tue May 12, 2009 9:48 am

Would love to but cant as not enough holiday left !!
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Tue May 12, 2009 11:48 am

Of course you can John, I'm always on the look out for new talent!
It was a most enjoyable weekend though wasn't it?

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Tue May 12, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm coming for sure  ;D

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:14 am

Thank you for your replies. I have great hope for a fantastic event. TMI is being SO much more help than their predecessor (Tom's individual assistance notwithstanding)

curt

Post by curt » Wed May 13, 2009 3:32 am

Very likely to be there, but still trying to determine how brutal it would be to trailer the Atom all the way from DC.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

[quote="curt"]
Very likely to be there, but still trying to determine how brutal it would be to trailer the Atom all the way from DC.
[/quote]

In '07 I trailered mine to VIR. Not exactly the same route but similar. It's pretty much all Interstate. Pretty easy going.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed May 13, 2009 6:04 pm

[quote="curt"]
[/quote]

How many miles? Drive it!  ;)

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed May 13, 2009 7:58 pm

Drive it? I hear people talking about this or that being too far in the UK when it's just 300-400 miles. Oklahoma to DC is over 1,300 miles! One way! That's a trek.  Although, plan a few days and some sightseeing along the way and it wouldn't be so bad. Tail of the Dragon and some other pretty country is along that route. I did Austin to Detroit (Woodward Dream Cruise) non-stop once. I never want to do that again.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed May 13, 2009 8:07 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Drive it? I hear people talking about this or that being too far in the UK when it's just 300-400 miles. Oklahoma to DC is over 1,300 miles! One way! That's a trek.  Although, plan a few days and some sightseeing along the way and it wouldn't be so bad. Tail of the Dragon and some other pretty country is along that route. I did Austin to Detroit (Woodward Dream Cruise) non-stop once. I never want to do that again.
[/quote]

On the other hand the distances you can cover in a given time in the US are much higher as there is much much less traffic.  There are simply too many congestion hot spots in the UK for reliable journey time over 400 miles.

I am sure any of the UK owners going would pay all the expenses to deliver the car

Ben

silver

Post by silver » Wed May 13, 2009 9:01 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

On the other hand the distances you can cover in a given time in the US are much higher as there is much much less traffic.  There are simply too many congestion hot spots in the UK for reliable journey time over 400 miles.

I am sure any of the UK owners going would pay all the expenses to deliver the car

Ben
[/quote]

hahaha it almost sounds as if you're trying to say that the US doesn't have "traffic"...yes sir...we do and it blows A$$

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed May 13, 2009 9:15 pm

[quote="silver"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Driver"]
[/quote]

Ben
[/quote]

hahaha it almost sounds as if you're trying to say that the US doesn't have "traffic"...yes sir...we do and it blows A$$
[/quote]

Hardly, I seem to do almost as many miles in the US each year as I do in the UK, however one can't deny that the cities are somewhat more spread out in the US !