Official: WEST COAST ADVENTURE (WCA) - June 7th-13th '08

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

Re: Official: WEST COAST ADVENTURE (WCA) - June 7th-13th '08

Post by Driver » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:18 am

That was CalScot, IanScot, Wayne McManus and I. We were there for 2 days. Dang, we coulda met up. Pocts will be coming, just started in on them. Took over 4K on this trip. (Plan on maybe 5 out of a 100 being good to publish. When in doubt I just clicked. :) )

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:31 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Took over 4K on this trip. (Plan on maybe 5 out of a 100 being good to publish. When in doubt I just clicked. :) )[/quote]

You can say that again!  Geez... you didn't even aim half the time.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:43 am

Yeah but my non-aiming is better than most peoples deliberate aim... :)

Not! But some of them should be good. Most of the way through Cars & Coffee now. Will upload first batch later today (it's past 1am and I'm going to crash).

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 am

I busted my cheuchters to organize the WCA stuff. I had no time to take a single picture. Instead I relied on Driver to memorialize the trip. Now I am patiently awaiting the results.

If anybody has some good pictures please post. I am now getting over the exhaustion and it would be nice to see some more pictures.

One thing I do not think we got pictures of was Wayne using his Atom to tow mine to start it. It could be the first ever Atom towing an Atom?
We used a few connected tie downs to tow mine to get it started so we could drive around lake Tahoe. Not a bad little tow vehicle those Ecotec's ;D

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 am

I didn't take many, but here's a few:
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (122.06 KiB) Viewed 425 times

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:53 am

-
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (69.48 KiB) Viewed 420 times

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:54 am

-
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (114.7 KiB) Viewed 421 times

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:55 am

Who's the genius that put the coals in the garbage can?
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (95.99 KiB) Viewed 424 times

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:05 am

The one with 8 years of University education...eh..Fiesty :laugh:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:45 am

That was awesome - how many ariel owners does it take to put out a garbage can fire  :doh:

Thanks for the pics dp35. maybe now my wife will beleive I was at the track and not at a brothel  :laugh:

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:13 am

[quote="CalScot"]
I busted my cheuchters to organize the WCA stuff. I had no time to take a single picture. Instead I relied on Driver to memorialize the trip. Now I am patiently awaiting the results.

If anybody has some good pictures please post. I am now getting over the exhaustion and it would be nice to see some more pictures.

One thing I do not think we got pictures of was Wayne using his Atom to tow mine to start it. It could be the first ever Atom towing an Atom?
We used a few connected tie downs to tow mine to get it started so we could drive around lake Tahoe. Not a bad little tow vehicle those Ecotec's [/quote]

I had my Nikon in hand but had to set it dwon when the strap came loose. I'll vouch for it though. As far as the picts between you and bolus I'm trying. I've uploaded about 150 so far to the Gallery. Working through them chronologically...
Last edited by Driver on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dingo

Post by dingo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:19 am

Not the first towing.  I towed another Atom in mine for 18 miles was it EB?  There were a few hairy mo's on the freeway and Staet Patrol actually had beady eyes glued to us for a while and I thought for sure we'd be pulled over.  Didn't happen and we managed. Most of those were highway miles at 60+ mph.  A 30 foor nylon tow rope bought for the occasion.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:28 am

Here we are, proof that my car was faster than calscots... no really..and Postitron had us both beat ....  :D

[img width=800 height=600]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh12 ... 080129.jpg[/img]
Last edited by DarthChicken on Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:55 am

[quote="dp35"]
Who's the genius that put the coals in the garbage can?
[/quote]

Um...umm....maybe it was me 8). I was only trying to start a bonfire :D Maybe it was too much scotch, eh Calscot ;)

[quote="CalScot"]
The one with 8 years of University education...eh..Fiesty :laugh:
[/quote]
My brain was fried and tired, thats my excuse ;D.  Most exhausting 6 days of my life, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

fiesty

positron

Post by positron » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:13 am

Run FOREST RUN... link

Last edited by positron on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.