AtomFest - Thursday - Day 1

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

Re: AtomFest - Thursday - Day 1

Post by Driver » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:18 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Weather today has been incredible, mid-70s and just a few puffy clouds.  You can't ask for better!

On the way back from the rib crib I missed a coyote by about 1/2 lane at 80mph.  That woke me up, LOL!  :o

My cat on my 3" exhaust died on the 8th lap at the track.  This was after 3 pulls on the dyno, and the 8 laps were not at all full speed (class time).  A little disappointing to say the least, I missed out on this mornings sessions.  It took 3 of us to mash the cat up enough to get it out of the casing - but now I have a test pipe and all is well.  Driver has pictures.

Gas has been a bit of a problem - no 91 octane onsite (although its on the way we've been told).  So I'm out of gas, along with a lot of others it looks like (looking out the window, I'm not seeing any cars on the track).  

This place is incredible though, the problems I think are pretty minor and tomorrow is gonna be awesome!  I think there are slightly over 20 atoms here!

More later  ;D[/quote]

Here's the picts as posted to the Thursday Gallery album.

http://gallery.atomclub.com/displayimag ... at=0&pos=2

http://gallery.atomclub.com/displayimag ... at=0&pos=3

MickB

Post by MickB » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:51 pm

Fantastic pics and commentary guys, for those of us who can't be there :'( (but Reeaaalllyyy want to be ;D)

Looking forward to more pics and info on how the event progresses :tu:

How are the UK chapter finding things???

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:53 pm

[quote="MickB"]
Fantastic pics and commentary guys, for those of us who can't be there :'( (but Reeaaalllyyy want to be ;D)

[/quote]

Oh, we're doing OK. Grabbing rides and occasionally drives - next time we think we might club together and buy a car out here to sell afterwards, or ship one over and share it.

I don't really know what they think of us, but I'm sure over the coming weeks and months we'll find out!

We're all rubbing along very well, though. The union flag I brought with hasn't been hauled down and burned and no one has been shot at yet...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

MickB

Post by MickB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:47 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="MickB"]

[/quote]

Oh, we're doing OK. Grabbing rides and occasionally drives - next time we think we might club together and buy a car out here to sell afterwards, or ship one over and share it.

I don't really know what they think of us, but I'm sure over the coming weeks and months we'll find out!

We're all rubbing along very well, though. The union flag I brought with hasn't been hauled down and burned and no one has been shot at yet...
[/quote]

Glad to hear you are all doing well and enjoying yourselves - rotten Swines!!! ;)

From the posts that have reported activities so far it really does look like a fantastic event even from so far away over the 'pond', so being there must be cool :tu:

Try and keep the shooting to a minimum - we wouldn't want to damage the cars now would we.

P.S. Tell Alec if he wants to stay, I'll go over to Liverpool and 'mind' ;) his Atom for him!!

Enjoy ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:35 pm

[quote="MickB"]
P.S. Tell Alec if he wants to stay, I'll go over to Liverpool and 'mind' ;) his Atom for him!!

Enjoy ;D
[/quote]

You should have said before I left and I could have let you have it for a few days.

The only problem is, I found that I'd left the fob in my pocket so I doubt if you'd have been pleased having an Atom sitting there that you couldn't drive.

I would love to stay, but it isn't really an option at the moment.

I'm sure I'll come back over for a visit again as I couldn't get the iridium visor for Driver's helmet so I've promised to deliver it by hand so it doesn't get damaged.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

MickB

Post by MickB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:55 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="MickB"]

Enjoy ;D
[/quote]

You should have said before I left and I could have let you have it for a few days.

The only problem is, I found that I'd left the fob in my pocket so I doubt if you'd have been pleased having an Atom sitting there that you couldn't drive.

I'm sure I'll come back over for a visit again as I couldn't get the iridium visor for Driver's helmet so I've promised to deliver it by hand so it doesn't get damaged.
[/quote]

Alec, In classic local (Liverpool) tradition, not having the key fob wouldn't prevent me from starting the vehicle now would it ;) It was standard teaching by my CDT teacher at Pensby High ;D

Glad your well and having fun :tu:

Keep the updates coming :)

Oh by the way, did you all see the F1 qualifying??

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Good luck England  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

Not a good game. RSA were always the stronger side with such a solid defence.

What a shame, was looking forward to an England win. END
Last edited by AtomFun on Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Fellows

Post by Dave Fellows » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:52 pm

[quote="MickB"]
[quote="Alec"]
[quote="MickB"]

Enjoy ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Alec, In classic local (Liverpool) tradition, not having the key fob wouldn't prevent me from starting the vehicle now would it ;) It was standard teaching by my CDT teacher at Pensby High ;D

Glad your well and having fun :tu:

Keep the updates coming :)

Oh by the way, did you all see the F1 qualifying??
[/quote]

Yeah, good result in the qualy. Not too surprising to see Massa on pole, Hamilton was so close, shame he didn't quite pull it off. Alonso is back in 4th however so all good.

MickB

Post by MickB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:36 pm

I think Lewis was outstanding 8)

I believe he has more fuel on board than Massa but still, he was so close. Only the pitstops will tell but a flexible strategy from McMerc should see Lewis right by mid race :tu:

The only other lap times I'm interested in are those around Hallet - Who is fastest? How are the Brits doing in borrowed cars? and has St Simon done a lap or two??????????? Have some of the modified Atoms really got 'Warp drives' fitted??????? - we need answers guys ;)

Cobra - any chance of posting some Atomfest lap times - Please ;D

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:25 am

The only one I was aware of was that FourFather was running 1:28s and this was his first ever "road" track experience.  An that was on Friday. Heard of others doing 1:27.. and certainly saw a few standouts that seemed to be faster. I saw no data.. just heard minimal talk.

Gage

Post by Gage » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:28 am

Much faster times were acheived.        Much being a relative term...          Wasn't it a 1:22.6?

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:14 am

I wouldnt doubt it... as i said..there were some stand outs...

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:16 am

rfmarz did a 1:26 the first day, then one of the track owners did a 1:22.6 for a new Atom track record then twebb went out in calscot's jet powered atom and did a 1:22.3 to take back the record.  My best time was 1:31

McFred

Post by McFred » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:21 pm

I know that Bottoz was managing consistant 1:28s
I got low 1:28s with a potential dip into the 1:27s but the traqmate boxes were having issues capturing the data on Saturday.
The other half of my screen name was getting 1:29s
:laugh:

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:23 am

Many new picts added tonight for the Thursday events. Mainly the first classroom session, first track sessions and some partying at Synergys Raceport. Uploaded all the ones from Randy's camera tonight of Thursday (69 total)

Click Either Image to go to the gallery:

[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]