AtomFest set for October 18-20, 2007 - Information here

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Alec

Re: AtomFest set for October 18-20, 2007 - Information here

Post by Alec » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:25 pm

What if I liked your video?

Well I do.  :tu:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:34 pm

GREAT ad, Randy! ;D :tu:

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:04 am

NIce work!
Any idea what kind of helmet that is...the white one at about 1:10 ?

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:14 am

[quote="Jammer"]
NIce work!
[/quote]

Yes, it's a Bell helmet - sold at Wal-Mart for $89.00

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:08 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
[quote="Jammer"]
NIce work!
[/quote]

Yes, it's a Bell helmet - sold at Wal-Mart for $89.00
[/quote]

LOL, God bless America

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:18 pm

The final details on AtomFest are still in the making, but I thought it would be good to provide a summary for everyone so you can see how it's working out and to help those who are planning to attend. Here are the events and costs, arranged by date. Please note that many items are available at a substantial (15-25%) discount to AAOC members. Please check the website listings for specific details.
The event will take place on three days, October 18, 19 and 20.

Thursday the 18th is set aside for an Atom only High Performance Driving School The school will provide classroom and lots of track time and will begin with the very basics. This school is especially for those who have not driven their Atom on the track before, or have very little track experience. We will have Traqmate data acquisition on the cars, so you will be able to analyze your lines and compare laps to see your progress. Shayne Stephens, the chief instructor has taught at the track for more than ten years and is a National Event winning SCCA racer. Shayne will be joined by Tim Webb (Twebb) who is also a SCCA National Event winner and had lots of Atom experience. The list price of this event is $325 including lunch. A driving suit will be provided at no extra cost if you do not have your own. There is an AAOC membership discount of 15% making the member price $276.25. There is no "gate" charge on Thursday for school participants or visitors.

Several have asked if they could run laps on Thursday but not attend the school. There will be track time available during classroom sessions with a track fee. The final details of this will be worked out but expect the fee to be in the $150 range and to be somewhat limited due to us not interfering with the school laps.

Thursday evening we will have a campfire and cookout. This will be open to school participants, visitors and early arrivals for the Friday and Saturday sessions. There is no charge for the campfire and cookout, but advanced reservations are requested so we can plan accordingly. (www.AtomFest.net) Alcoholic beverages are allowed at the track after 6:00 PM but not provided by AtomFest or Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. In other words, BYOB.

Lodging - The nearest Hotels are about 35 miles to the East in Sand Springs and Tulsa. Because of this we are arranging on site lodging by renting 25-35' RV trailers. These may be reserved on the website. Early reservations will get the choicest units and there is no guarantee that the prices will not go up later as supply may become challenged. If this is an option for you, please reserve early at the AtomFest website. The offerings there include complete units and "shared" space. RV sites for motor homes, campers and tents are also available and plentiful. All pricing is for the entire event as our contracts do not allow us to provide partial rentals.

There is a cafe in the visitor center at the track which will server breakfast and lunch on an a la carte basis. The cafe is open from 7:00 am until 5:00 pm for meals and snacking. Prices are reasonable and the food is good, cooked while you wait.

The VIP/Club Room is on the third floor of the visitor center. It will feature Internet access, large screen TV with Atom videos and Traqmate data replays. The Cub Room will also provide a continental breakfast and a lite lunch on Friday and Saturday. The Club room is situated on the front straight and has an excellent view of the action there including the start/finish line. The Club Room access pass is $55 including both days and all features. The price also includes an AtomFest commemorative pin which is a $10 value. The Club Room is open from 7:00 until 11:00 on Friday and Saturday.

Friday/Saturday Access to the track and grounds is by a pass which can be purchased at a discount on the AtomFest website. Participants (Atom drivers) cost is $15/day which includes registration in the various driving activities of the day (lapping, Traqmate Challenge, etc.) AAOC members receive a 25% discount. Our registration data will allow us to do a broadcast of the event with video and track data presentation to the greater Atom community via the Atom Club Forum. As far as I can tell, this will be the first Internet based group involvement of the like in our sport. Visitor access (non-driving) is $10/day and is also subject to a 25% AAOC member discount. All advance reservations will include a member credential pack with a badge indicating your level of participation and a package of gratuities from AtomFest and the participating sponsors. Kids under the age of 15 are admitted free.

Friday kicks off with an opening ceremony and welcome. This will feature short messages from major Atom community personalities and we will have an opportunity to get all participants on the same page to start our first Atom lapping day.

Friday events include Atom lapping sessions from 10:00 to 5:00. Sessions will be organized into 5-10 car groups, segregated by driver experience/confidence. A beginners group will be supplied with driving instruction including instructor ride-alongs if requested. Traqmate data acquisition will be available for Atoms on Friday and Saturday and data will be collected toward the Traqmate challenge. There is no charge for the Friday lapping day, thanks to Synergy Autoworks of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Synergy is owned and operated by two guys who post occasionally on the Forum, Sharpatom2 and Darkside. Thanks guys! Registration is strongly suggested so that we can accurately plan and assure you trouble free access to the track.

Friday early evening offers a cruise down the highway to Tulsa. This will include a parade formation of Atoms with numerous photo opportunities and a chance to show off your car. We will take in the local cruise scene (or they will take US in!) and visit with other gear heads in Tulsa. Registration is requested.

Friday evening we will bring a second a campfire and cookout. This will be open to participants and registered visitors. This will be a great chance to swap stories on our favorite subjects and replay the track events of the day. Expect some major players in the atom community to be there. There is no charge for the campfire and cookout, but advanced reservations are requested so we can plan accordingly. (www.AtomFest.net) Alcoholic beverages are allowed at the track after 6:00 PM but not provided by AtomFest or Hallett Motor Racing Circuit. In other words, BYOB.

Friday kicks off with an opening ceremony and welcome. This will feature short messages from major Atom community personalities and we will have an opportunity to get all participants on the same page to start our first Atom lapping day.

Saturday events include Atom lapping sessions from 10:00 to 4:00. On Saturday we will drive the track in the opposite direction from Friday. This will present a whole new set of sensations. I guarantee you will love the challenge! As on Friday, sessions will be organized into 5-10 car groups, segregated by driver experience/confidence. A beginners group will be supplied with driving instruction including instructor ride-alongs if requested. Traqmate data acquisition will be available for Atoms and data will be collected toward the Traqmate challenge. There is no charge for the Saturday lapping day. We are still seeking sponsorship to cover this event.

A quick tour of local back roads will be available on Saturday morning. This will allow folks to get a first hand look at some of the scenic beauty that Oklahoma has to offer and start the morning off right. We will plan to be back at the track in time for lunch and the afternoon lapping sessions. Please pre-register for this event.

Saturday evening will bring the Awards Ceremony and Dinner. Awards will be given in many categories including furthest off track excursion, quickest lap time, fastest through the series of turns known as â??the Bitch,â?� and others. A guest speaker will present his take on the Atom and we will continue with the finest evening dinner that the $45 per person charge can buy. BYOB applies to alcoholic beverages.

Other activities:

Technical seminars will be provided to registered participants and guests throughout the day on Friday and Saturday. Please check the AtomFest website for the latest details on which subjects will be presented and to pre-register.

DynoJet testing Synergy Autoworks is sponsoring free dynamometer testing for Atoms who participate in AtomFest. Get the lowdown on your carâ??s performance. Please be sure and pre-register for this event.

A vendor midway will be populated by folks who love the Atom and have the safety and convenience items that every Atom owner needs. We are negotiating at this time with several potential vendors and expect this to be a great part of your AtomFest experience. We also expect to have AtomFest and AAOC member specials.

Charity Raffle â?? During the event, many items will be raffled off for a local childrenâ??s charity. Some items will be Atom specific and others of more general interest. Be sure to bring a little extra cash to take advantage of the great deals that will be available and do it for a good cause. Also, if you have items which would make good donations, please be generous. AtomFest Promotions, LLC will be providing some unique and special AtomFest commemoratives for this activity.

AtomFest Merchandise AtomFest Promotions, LLC will have a booth at the event which will serve several purposes. Event participants can receive their official credentials and â??freebiesâ?� and get updates on the schedule. AtomFest merchandise will be available for sale as seen on the AtomFest website. Due to the uncertainty of attendance, quantities may be limited. You can help and assure that you will not be disappointed by ordering in advance at the website. We will register your purchases and reserve your merchandise for pick up at AtomFest. The prices on the web do not include shipping. If you cannot attend and wish to purchase AtomFest merchandise, please send an e-mail to the contact on AtomFest.net.

Each driver must attend a drivers meeting before entering the track. This will address such things as track protocol, driver safety, track regulations, flags, and other pertinent issues. A major emphasis on safety will accompany the meetings which are mandatory. If you do not attend the meeting, you cannot drive in the following session. Driver meetings will be scheduled each morning before laps commence and at 1:00 each day before afternoon sessions.

Safety inspection All Atoms must submit to a safety inspection before being allowed on the track. A temporary sticker will be affixed to the car upon successful completion of the inspection. No exceptions.

Our objective for AtomFest is that; as the event comes to a close, each visitor, vendor, sponsor and participant is already looking forward to AtomFest 2008!

How to budget for AtomFest- (typical examples - Your budget may vary)

Minimalist â?? Spectator with no Atom
(Iâ??m saving up for an Atom)
$20 per person for 2 days admittance
$10 for a basic campsite
Bring a tent, and picnic supplies for two days

Minimalist â?? Participant with Atom â?? (I spent all my money on an Atom)
$30 for two days on the track
$10 for a campsite- sleep by your car
Bring a tent, and picnic supplies for two days

Conservative â?? Spectator (Electrify me!)
$50 for a Camp/RV site with electrical
$10 for AtomFest commemorative pin
$55 for Club Room â?? includes light breakfast & lunch 2 days plus AtomFest pin!
$45 per person for Awards Ceremony & Dinner (You never know WHO will be there!)
$50 for on site incidentals, AtomFest merchandise (where else will you get it?)

Conservative â?? Participant (Electric Atom!)
$30 for two days on the track
$50 for a Camp/RV site with electrical
$10 for AtomFest commemorative pin
$55 for Club Room â?? includes light breakfast & lunch 2 days plus AtomFest pin!
$100 for on site incidentals, AtomFest merchandise (where else will you get it?)

Moderate â??Spectator (No tent for me!)
$75 for AtomFest commemorative coin
$155 to share an RV â?? Bed, heat, shower!
$100 for on site incidentals, AtomFest merchandise (where else will you get it?)

Moderate â??Student/Participant (Begin at the beginning)
$325 for School for high Performance Driving
$85 for AtomFest commemorative coin â?? that matches my Atom!
$155 to share an RV â?? Bed, heat, shower!
$150 for on site incidentals, AtomFest merchandise (where else will you get it?)

The MAX (You the MAN!)
$325 for School for high Performance Driving
$150 AtomFest framed Coin set â?? (I have just the place for that)
$10 AtomFest commemorative pin (I just got one in the Club Room)
$575 for 30-40 ft RV â?? sleeps 4/6 â?? Party on!
$75 Enclosed garage â?? (I donâ??t sleep outside and neither does my Atom!)
$350 for on site incidentals, AtomFest merchandise (I want it all!)

Sponsor
We have many opportunities for sponsorships from merchandise to be raffled for charity to Event and Title sponsorships. If you or your company can benefit from the exposure that AtomFest will bring, please contact me by PM or via the contact page on AtomFest.org

Be sure to visit our sponsor links page on AtomFest.org. These folks are helping to make AtomFest possible.
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:33 pm

Thanks cobra, I'm so excited!  I cant imagine how many hours you put into organizing all this stuff.  We have immense appreciation for what you have put together so far. 

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:35 am

No wonder you have time to play at what you love... . Your brilliant.

I think I signed up for some very basics way back when..how do I find out what I did that late night? Im not so Brilliant sometimes.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:52 am

[quote="Jammer"]
I think I signed up for some very basics way back when..how do I find out what I did that late night? Im not so Brilliant sometimes.
[/quote]

Check your e-mail...

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 am

[quote="bolus"]
Thanks cobra, I'm so excited!  I cant imagine how many hours you put into organizing all this stuff.  We have immense appreciation for what you have put together so far. 
[/quote]

x2.  All of this advanced planning really is amazing.  Seems like you're thought of every last detail, Randy.  Thanks!!!

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:54 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
[quote="Jammer"]
[/quote]

Check your e-mail...
[/quote]

Should we be getting a confirmation or something on this stuff?  I never got anything either..

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:27 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Should we be getting a confirmation or something on this stuff?  I never got anything either..
[/quote]

I can e-mail a list of items purchased to anyone who wants one. I didn't realize that our software didn't already do this. Darth, I'll send yours out tonight.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:08 am

Just got my issue of Grass Roots Motorsports. AtomFest has a paragraph or two. :)  :tu:

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Here are some recent photos from Hallett - April, 2007

Gage and Moysey - 205HP on ES-100 tires

1965Cobra427 - 245 HP on Hankook Z214 tires

Gage with "Veronica Lake" in the background

March, 2007
Sharpatom2 - 300 HP on Hoosier R6 tires

1965Cobra427 in Sharpatom2's 220 HP Honda on Hoosier R6 tires

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:10 pm

Traqmate data acquisition packages available to AAOC members at a $149 discount from list price. For additional details see: http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,4446.0.html

Purchase your Traqmate Complere system at http://www.atomfest.org/merchandise.asp

Thank you for supporting AtomFest with your purchase!