Cars and Coffee 1/26/08, without cops, hopefully!!

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
fiestycolumbian

Cars and Coffee 1/26/08, without cops, hopefully!!

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:48 am

I might go tomorrow if the forecast holds up and the rain stays away till about 2,3pm tomorrow.
Anyone care to join me?(VIP's only, Spaz not invited, ;D, jk)

Fiesty

CalScot

Re: Cars and Coffee 1/26/08, without cops, hopefully!!

Post by CalScot » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am

Fiesty,
With the weather, the turnout will be very light.
I never heard from you on the trip to Reno Fernley. Coming or not?

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:26 am

Yeah it might be a little light, but i havent driven the atom in 2 weeks, so I am kinda restless to drive somewhere, plus I am meeting a friend there as well.
Regarding Reno-Farley, I am thinking about it, I am always busy with my residency stuff, so I cant commit to a whole lot of days. It depends on how many days you guys are planing the trip for. Let me know?
Calscot, How is your car going? Think John can sqeeze me in soon?

Fiesty

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:27 pm

It was about half full, but the quality of cars was very good. A bunch of STi's, Evo's, including th new X GSR, Veyron, F430, Gallardo, GT3, a bunchof porche's, NSX's, etc., the whole lot.
The weather was fantastic, no rain, clear blue skies. PCH was fun, with no cops this time.  :D
Went to the beach after, then to south coast mitsubishi, checking out the new Evo X. It has truly breathtaking technology. I put a deposit for a Phantom Black Evo MR, and I am getting it almost at invoice, a really good deal for a fairly new car, only because I am fiends with the salesman. It should be here in March. Really excited!! Calscot in his IS-F vs Fiesty in his EVO MR. Who will win? :D :D ;D. (put calscot in a beetle, and he wil still beat me somehow, :D)

Fiesty

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 pm

A few weeks back I met up with Shinoo there in his very nice tricked out Exige. The quality at C&C was excellent. Some fantastic cars. I would not be surprised if the value of the cars that drive in there on some of the best days of the year is over $150 Million. Really quite insane to be able to have a world class car show every Saturday for free on our doorstep. What's really nuts is the attention the Atom gets in such esteemed company.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Do the cops actually show up and try to spoil the fun at these events?  I know it's informal and I'm sure they've had problems with testosterone levels getting out of whack, but what a shame it would be if they ever tried to shut it down.  Or worse yet, showed up regularly and hid down the street where they could nab people who are essentially just performing their part of the weekly ritual by giving the fans a little tire chirp.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:19 am

[quote="CalScot"]
A few weeks back I met up with Shinoo there in his very nice tricked out Exige. The quality at C&C was excellent. Some fantastic cars. I would not be surprised if the value of the cars that drive in there on some of the best days of the year is over $150 Million. Really quite insane to be able to have a world class car show every Saturday for free on our doorstep. What's really nuts is the attention the Atom gets in such esteemed company.
[/quote]

I could not agree more. Even $150 million might not cover it. :) BMW day about a month ago had countless Z8's, 8,6, M5,M6, etc. It was truly nuts. So many cars, that most had to park in the secondary parking lot.
To have something like this for free to the public, is truly a blessing and an honor, lets just hope one idiot doesnt ruin it for everyone. The atom does attract a bunch of attention, especially when you are trying to leave, I almost ran over people to get out of my space!! But its all good fun. The atom is just so different from than anything there.

Fiesty

j.vick125

Post by j.vick125 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 pm

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
Do the cops actually show up and try to spoil the fun at these events?  I know it's informal and I'm sure they've had problems with testosterone levels getting out of whack, but what a shame it would be if they ever tried to shut it down.  Or worse yet, showed up regularly and hid down the street where they could nab people who are essentially just performing their part of the weekly ritual by giving the fans a little tire chirp.
[/quote]

They don't hassle you unless you do something over the top stupid you shouldn't be driving.  I've seen guys get on it out of there and the cop just sit there.  They're more there to make sure no one is doing donuts or anything.  But they do make their presence known.
Attachments
DSC03938.JPG

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 am

Hey MavericK,
Did you see that no burnout sign when you did your big Doughnut ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6AYV_RalaAE

Sorry Mav, could not resist that one :angel:

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:44 am

Technically,that's not a burnout. A spin out for sure :tu:

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:30 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
Hey MavericK,
Did you see that no burnout sign when you did your big Doughnut ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6AYV_RalaAE

Sorry Mav, could not resist that one :angel:
[/quote]
Actually CalScot I didn't see any sign at all. I guess I was too preoccupied with trying to keep up with you and Fiesty...LOL  ;D ;D
You both had much better traction than I had....you my friend were on slicks if I remember correctly :o :o and Fiesty has the AO-48's and I had those fantastic Yokohama ES-100's. :(
Cheersâ?¢

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:16 pm

[quote="maverick1"]
You both had much better traction than I had...[/quote]

To state the obvious!  ;D  I swear, you'll never live this one down.  It was so much like something I would have done, and so easy to do in an Atom (not that I would know).  ;)