Trifecta Performance

silver

Trifecta Performance

Post by silver » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:46 pm

So why not start a thread on tuning....it seems like a lot of us over the last few years have gone down lots of different routes with tuning / mods whatnot, well after Norm's car was successfully tuned by Vince with Trifecta I figured I'd give him a ring and since it was a good conversation I figured I'd post my findings here for others to read.

Issues with other tuners from my perspective: 
A: most tuners are only familiar with a select type of car...for example a tuner that tunes Corvettes is not educated in LSJ motors, so they would have to learn it, therefore, we need to find tuners that are familiar with Cobalts to find an expert.
B: Since finding a tuner familiar with our cars is extremely difficult you might either have to travel or tune remotely which sounds scary.
C: Tuning is expensive....at least $500 and that doesn't count if they need more dyno time to fix up your tune.

So, in my opinion here's how Trifecta will work great for us atom owners

A: he has already tuned mulitple atoms and cobalts so he IS familiar with our cars.
B:  he tunes remotely by sending the cable to you and you use your laptop to record the data and send back to him for fine tuning all of which is included in the base flat fee.
C:  the tune is $300 flat rate, plus a refundable deposit of $200 for the cable which you can chose to purchase if you will be doing modifications in the future and would like to keep the cable.
D:  since he will tune based on date you send him you don't need to book a dyno for a day in order to do the tune, you can just go to a dyno after your tune is done and see what your results are...............yes I realize this is the same for any tuning, but, it has never been presented to me as an option so it should be noted.

I hope for any of you lurker's out there this provides some good intel as I'm sure there's some atom owners that don't post often who are considering doing the harrop swap or some other modification that will require tuning and this seems like a mighty fine option.
Last edited by silver on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanD

Re: Trifecta Performance

Post by RyanD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Can they tune the Atom ECU, or do we need a Cobalt ECU?

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:08 pm

They can do either. I elected to use a donor CobaltSS ECU ($75,Ebay etc) and keep the genuine "brammo stage 3 GM" ecu as a...cool paperweight. ;D

I have not had my car out on the road yet,but the idle quality and throttle response is much better. Trifecta does seem to have a good handle on the Atom LSJ tune. :tu:

silver

Post by silver » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:30 pm

[quote="RyanD"]
Can they tune the Atom ECU, or do we need a Cobalt ECU?
[/quote]

yep basically the easy answer is he's NOT trying to create a "canned" tune, he will start with a specific cobalt tune for all atoms then customize it to YOUR atom by sending data back and forth and updating your tune remotely.

pretty  8)

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Well..what he  actually does is sends you a tune file,and you load it on your car.There really is no data back and forth.You can datalog with his software,but you do not have the ability to see this data.Maybe he does have the ability to adjust the tune from remote..but I do not believe it is live,and like most tunes..it is removed,modified and reinstalled.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Mark, I am very certain you know more about it than me, so I'll take your word for it.

I do have special needs however which are making my particular process differ from his normal process.

Gage

Post by Gage » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 am

So how soon until you hire Trifecta Silver?    >:D

silver

Post by silver » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:37 am

as soon as possible, all my parts except a new battery are delivered so as soon as that's delivered i can drive it to get the intercooler installed and other goodies and by then the new blower should be here soooo I can throw that on and start tuning