need a little assistance........again

silver

Re: need a little assistance........again

Post by silver » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:41 am

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE....I got about 92 miles on it today...took it back, and the 02sensHtr test had run, and he re-confirmed that it should only be about 50-75 more miles for the 02sens to run now, since that is the order they run in.

Also, the Evap monitor isn't the "heater evap core" as I was thinking, it is the evaporative emissions monitor, which this car should still have....so some of you may already know this some may not, but, I'm feeling much better that the stock ATOM ECU will be able to run these monitors with a few more miles.

One caveat is that originally he said I could have 2 that were in the "not ready" stage and still pass....not true, of the 3 that were not ready 2 of them must be ready not 1 so I have more miles to drive and check again.

I also ran into some honda techs on the road today ( I was stopped near a honda dealership and they saw me and pulled in for a closer look....they also confirmed (in most cases obviously not all) that the 02 sens and 02 sens htr will always be "not ready" when you unplug the battery and after about 200 miles they are ready....they also said that it's VERY COMMON for them to see everyday cars that the EVAP monitor shows not ready, but since it's usually the only one the car still passes.

Hopefully this clears more confusion up but I think it will all be clear by Saturday when I can get more miles on the car and retest again.

P.S. new ecu came in the mail today,  Part number 12605260 Service number 12597520, and it looks like a perfect match.....didn't someone say that if I plugged it in that the car would run????? I'm not going to try it now but just trying to remember if I read that somewhere?

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 am

It will start but the VATS will killit after a few seconds

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:09 am

???  For our cars to have an active Evap system would require a test sensor atop the fuel tank,  a condensate tank,lines and a purge system.  I don't think any of it is there.

Must be the primary O2 tests that was showing up an incomplete since  our cars don't have a secondary O2.

That is good,because if the heater now shows ready,the O2 sensor circuit should also become "ready," leaving only the evap monitor,and if you are allowed one incomplete, you should squeak through.

Good thing they don't actually test the emissions like they used to, as the stage three GM flash would never pass the HC limits done on the roller.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:47 am

yeah mad hopefully you're right....as long as it squeaks through...its one more year of legit driving right :tu:

and Bolus,  Roger that, I wasn't going to try it but wanted a reminder of what it would do, so now I know.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:41 am

FWIW they test the emissions in some countys here in Texas. All the big citys do a tailpipe sniffer test. Austin started just a few years ago and Dallas for the last ten or so. Just no rolling road like Cali... yet.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:46 am

Ma. also used Ca. standard IM240 testing (240 seconds on loaded rollers) up till last year.They now rely on the "plug-in" test,which does nothing other than look at your onboard ECM to see if there are active codes or incomplete monitor tests.

They are not actually measuring emissions anymore :o :o   ;)

silver

Post by silver » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 am

Mad and Driver, that's how Denton County is....just plug it in and go.......no emissions test....I DO have the cat installed now, as of about 1 week ago....only comment about that is the exhaust seems dead silent now...actually it's pretty cool because the intake is so much more pronounced without the exhaust getting in the way of the sweet sweet supercharger whine!!!

silver

It's official........passed for another year!!

Post by silver » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:03 pm

So I was able to put about 170 miles on my car (after unplugging the ECU) and now I passed my inspection!

So for any other folks wanting an update, there you have it.....If you are in an area where inspection is by plugging in you OBDII and you have the newest Brammo Tune on the Ecotec, you should pass just fine....just make sure your ECU hasn't lost power within a few hundred miles of going for your inspection and you'll be fine.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Oh and I forgot to mention.........DON'T WORRY about the fuel pump code, it doesn't have anything to do with your inspection ....at least for Spanky!!!!!!!

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:26 am

This is great news!  My inspection is due in May.  I just ordered an OBDII scanner to check the codes.

silver

Post by silver » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:47 am

You do have to hook up the MIL which is the easiest mod to do on this car so were lucky!

slowcharles

Post by slowcharles » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Malfunction Indicator Lamp

silver

Post by silver » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Darth wrote up a DIY on it. It ahpile take under 20 minutes but if you need hejo call me

silver

Post by silver » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:07 am

call me, do you still have my number?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:14 am

Thats because I didn't call it a MIL, I called it a CEL  8)

http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,6809.0.html