Ace suppliers

Bruce Fielding

Ace suppliers

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:40 am

This thread references people whose services and products we've used who we'd recommend.

Obviously, no advertising or self-interest, please.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Bruce Fielding

Re: Ace suppliers

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:44 am

Just had a couple of Technomagnesio wheels refurbed at BJV Engineering near Kings Langley. Great job at a great price.

For removing the tyre, repairing a nasty dent, repsraying to a high standard, refitting the tyre and balancing, they charge £34 per wheel.

If there's no rubber to mess about with the price drops to £24.50!

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/

RichardR

Post by RichardR » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:13 pm

That's an amazing price.

Cheapest I've got it done is £50 per wheel cash.

markymark113

Post by markymark113 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:19 pm

Brian James Trailers
5 Star service
Great trailers
Cheapest
Why Bother With Anyone Else??!!

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:01 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
This thread references people whose services and products we've used who we'd recommend.

Obviously, no advertising or self-interest, please.
[/quote]

I actually been thinking about this for a while now(similar to Ace suppliers). Rather than bury this thread under the technical discussion.

Ace suppliers or Trade directory should be under a new section.

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 pm

[quote="g8kam"]
I actually been thinking about this for a while now(similar to Ace suppliers). Rather than bury this thread under the technical discussion.

[/quote]

Not sure about that one - one person has a positive experience with a supplier, one has a negative - does the supplier still get listed in the directory?

Brian James Trailers are a case in point - Mark had an extremely positive experience, mine wasn't as good. At least on a forum, the pros and cons of a supplier can be discussed.

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:50 pm

[quote="Atom120"]
[quote="g8kam"]

[/quote]

Not sure about that one - one person has a positive experience with a supplier, one has a negative - does the supplier still get listed in the directory?

Brian James Trailers are a case in point - Mark had an extremely positive experience, mine wasn't as good. At least on a forum, the pros and cons of a supplier can be discussed.
[/quote]I don't think there'll be a product and service which will guaranttee 100% satisfaction, there'll always be someone somewhere complaining(don't get me wrong, I'm not directing the comment at you), but in general Brian James trailers are being recommended....

It doesn't have to be trailers, If someone found a cheap tyres suppliers, they could post it under this section, Bruce once recommended a dry lubricant called Sailkote, also opie oil etc etc......

g8kam

Post by g8kam » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Talking about dry lubricant, I wholly recommend 3 in 1 silicone spray, it lubricate, it protects electrics, it repels water, safe on most surfaces, and it dries fast, I think its as good as Sailkote, if not better

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:53 pm

Sorry - this thread should only be personal recommendations - not what you've heard, chaps.

John H

Post by John H » Sun May 31, 2009 12:45 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
Just had a couple of Technomagnesio wheels refurbed at BJV Engineering near Kings Langley. Great job at a great price.

For removing the tyre, repairing a nasty dent, repsraying to a high standard, refitting the tyre and balancing, they charge £34 per wheel.

If there's no rubber to mess about with the price drops to £24.50!

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.com/
[/quote]
can they sort out extreme scuffing as my missus has destroyed the rims of her s2000 by employing the old "women's parking" technique............i.e. scraping it along the kerb tilit is in the space
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
That really annoys me.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

[quote="John H"]
can they sort out extreme scuffing as my missus has destroyed the rims of her s2000 by employing the old "women's parking" technique............i.e. scraping it along the kerb tilit is in the space
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
[/quote]

I had a nice long reply ready to go, but some keystroke obliterated it. http://wheelcollision.com in Bath, PA (USA) does great work at a reasonable price, even on wheels thought to be non-repairable. They have patents on a number of their methods and machines, and license them to other shops. If you're too far away from Wheel Collision Center, ask about any affiliates / licensees. And, of course, if the UK contingent comes into New York and drives to AtomFest, you could drop 'em off on the way down and pick 'em up on the way back - theyre just off I78 once you get into Pennsylvania.

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 am

Where can i find the wrenches for adjusting the suspensions (not sure what they are called either)... A UK or EU site preferably...

TIA

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:43 am

Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:03 pm

I used https://www.polevolt.co.uk/ these guys to source a replacement fuse holder (don't ask). Not only was it a great price, but I got it delivered next day (UK). They also seem to stock lots of useful other hard to find 'bits', no affiliation but would recommend!

Cheers.