OBDII DTC code U0155 info / suggestions?

Atlarge

OBDII DTC code U0155 info / suggestions?

Post by Atlarge » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:44 am

I know this is a bit of a long shot but my Atom3 is throwing a U0155 DTC code, found during our equivalent of the MOT test, causing it to fail. I've looked it up and it is apparently to do with the ECU not hearing from the Dash module over the CAN bus, but not sure how that works normally as the car has the Spa Dash fitted, not the Honda one obviously.

Realise this is a bit obscure for here but wondered if anyone has an ideas - getting to the factory isn't an option unfortunately, otherwise I would...... :-)

Any pointers or advice warmly received!!

Curves Junkie

Re: OBDII DTC code U0155 info / suggestions?

Post by Curves Junkie » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:00 pm

The ECU is searching the original Honda dash and the MIL lamp.
Both are not present in the Ariel.
You can delete this error, but next time you switch the ignition on the error appears again.
No solution here. Sorry.
Ariel Atom 3 [2010] Honda 2.0 K20Z4 with JacksonRacing SC only 370PS :H: - never, ever for sale
Abarth 595 Competizione [2016] - now my daughters car
Porsche 718 Spyder [11/2019] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHb3-aNuZzQ

Atlarge

Re: OBDII DTC code U0155 info / suggestions?

Post by Atlarge » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Curves Junkie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:00 pm The ECU is searching the original Honda dash and the MIL lamp.
Both are not present in the Ariel.
You can delete this error, but next time you switch the ignition on the error appears again.
No solution here. Sorry.
Thanks for the info. On one hand, I’m glad it not just me but on the other, it’s going to make passing the tests even more difficult!

I wonder if any of the other “K swaps” resolve it somehow? I can write something that would respond to the ECU but I would need the PID’s and any other weird voodoo Honda coding etc. If I can’t charm my way through a test pass I might have to get an eBay dash and hide it somewhere!?!

Cheers!