Installing front number plate bracket

danbevan

Installing front number plate bracket

Post by danbevan » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:55 pm

Hi everyone.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I can’t find it anywhere on the forum.

I’ve bought a Front numberplate bracket for my atom 3 245 but I can’t figure out how to install it. I can remove most of the light cluster but I can’t see how to get the plastic bulb holders out in order to screw in the bracket.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Happy to call the factory but I figured someone on here might have done it before.

Thanks!

Dan

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Installing front number plate bracket

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:19 pm

I don't have any experience on removing the bulb holders and had a quick search here on the forum with nothing found.

I have a photo of the front number plate fitted on a '3' (like you have) and also on the 3.5 with the 'projector' lighting that may be helpful? (The 3.5 photo is Kelvin's on his 3.5R in Hong Kong.)

Excuse the squashed flies :o
Attachments
Kelvins _IMG_5907.JPG
Kelvins _IMG_5907.JPG (38.05 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
20120616_111400sm.jpg
20120616_111400sm.jpg (795.07 KiB) Viewed 1269 times
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

danbevan

Post by danbevan » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 pm

Thanks John. I have the projector lights, so the second image is what I’m hoping to achieve. Once I’ve removed the casing and the bulbs it’s very clear how I attach the brackets, but I can’t line it up with the existing plate because the white plastic bulb holders seem to be in the way..

I’m sure a quick call to the factory will solve it but on the off chance anyone reads this and has done it themselves, I’d appreciate some help!

Dan

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:16 am

Hi Dan,

I’ve installed the number plate holder to both types of lights on my atom - you mention yours are the ones from second picture? These are the regular atom 3 headlights, not the projector version and have a modified ‘stay’ which mount the bulb holders directly at least on mine....

If memory serves, you need to remove the plastic holders and put them back on with the plate holder in place but be careful as they are super fragile....

I have a set of these with the number plate holder and LED headlights on the for sale area, if you’re really stuck, I can take them apart and show your the parts if you like?

Shameless plug: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18322&p=305535#p305535

danbevan

Post by danbevan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:38 pm

[mention]Atlarge[/mention] thanks! From your info it sounds like i'm on the right track!

And you're right, my mistake - i have the regular atom 3 headlights.

Can you remember how you got the plastic bulb holders off? They have a copper strip which means they feel permanently attached...

No problem if not, i'll call the factor tomorrow if not. I just enjoy trying to figure these things out!

thanks again
dan