3.5 headlight info please!

Fastlane

Re: 3.5 headlight info please!

Post by Fastlane » Sun May 16, 2021 8:46 am

Atlarge wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 7:50 pm Ok @Fastlane you’re not kidding! I installed mine solo today and could probably purchase an Atom4 with all the trimmings if I kept a £ for every expletive used whilst playing ‘how to chase the nut in a blind hole’!!

In the end I used some double sided tape and a chunk of packing foam which worked really well. First side approx. 1.5 hours, second side 15 mins.

Thanks again for the pointers! - @Karl V how about a DIY section for instructions like this ?
Glad you got it sorted. I have since been told by the factory that they use a rivnut when they install these on the Atom 2 and 3, which obviously makes the install far quicker and allows the lights to be easily removed. They have said they can install these when I take it in for its annual service, although it should also be a pretty simple DIY with the rivet nut tool. I doubt it will be much more than an 1 hour's labour at £55, so I may just get them to do this rather than spending £40 on the rivnuts and rivet nut tool that I'll probably never use again...

I agree a "How To" section would be useful.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Atlarge

Re: 3.5 headlight info please!

Post by Atlarge » Sun May 16, 2021 9:07 am

Aha, that makes more sense (rivnut) I was secretly wondering why the factory would go to so much trouble to fit a nut where it’s next to impossible to reach!

When I can get mine back to the factory, I’d probably get them to do the same... with all the right tools it should be an easy job!

Cheers