Wiring Diagram Atom2

John Glover

Wiring Diagram Atom2

Post by John Glover » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:40 am

I am looking for a wiring diagram for an Atom 2 300?

have a missfire caused by wiring melting

regards

John

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Wiring Diagram Atom2

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:24 am

Sadly - As far as I'm aware, it doesn't exist !

You might need to contact the factory or compare and contrast with an intact car.

What caused the issue - localised heat source or overcurrent in the wiring?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

John Glover

Post by John Glover » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:58 am

the car got very hot during a pitstop during a 2 hour race. The ambient temp was around 34 C and madatory 3.5 minutes stop caused exessive heat build up. Several wires destroyed including those to the Lambda( which are supposed to be silicone. I contacte Tom at the factory but they dont have wiring diagrams according to him!!!

A2TDI

Post by A2TDI » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 pm

The engine harness itself is stock Honda JDM Civic/Integra PRC. But the O2 sensor is connected to the vehicle harness.

Are the burned wires behind the number plate?
Is the connector of the o2 sensor also affected?

Best regards
Thomas

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 am

[quote="John Glover"]
I contacte Tom at the factory but they dont have wiring diagrams according to him!!!
[/quote]

How is it possible the factory doesn't have the wiring information for the very car they make?

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:16 am

[quote="atomathics"]
How is it possible the factory doesn't have the wiring information for the very car they make?
[/quote]

Probably for the same reason they don't have the source code for the ECU program - it was provided by a vendor.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 am

.. and it's proprietary and ...
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:32 am

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
[quote="atomathics"]
[/quote]

Probably for the same reason they don't have the source code for the ECU program - it was provided by a vendor.
[/quote]

ECU source code I could understand staying with the vendor, but harness info isn't rocket science and I'd think that the vendor would be building the harness to Ariel's specifications.

Therefore they should know all the gozintas and goezouttas, if not for the engine harness, then at least for the vehicle.

If it's an engine harness issue, then the Honda documents here could be of help to the OP:

www.helminc.com

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 am

[quote="atomathics"]
ECU source code I could understand staying with the vendor, but harness info isn't rocket science and I'd think that the vendor would be building the harness to Ariel's specifications.[/quote]

I have no idea about UK cars or US 3's, but the Brammo 2's were a secret to all concerned. When Tom was at Brammo, all he had was a map of the pinouts. He had to call the company that fabricated the harnesses (which is no longer in business) if he needed anything more, which was divulged on a "need to know" basis. Neither TMI nor Ariel UK have the info either (I asked Dave / Mark and Simon, respectively). The only info TMI had was the vendor's name, which they gave to me (but that vendor is out of business).

Changeling

Post by Changeling » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I am working on a wiring diagram with the version 1 spa dash. However I only have info on the main loom not the engine side.
Andy H

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm

[quote="Changeling"]
I am working on a wiring diagram with the version 1 spa dash. However I only have info on the main loom not the engine side.
Andy H
[/quote]

The engine side on the Atom 1 at least was the standard Rover / MGF loom which connected to a custom loom for the rest of the car.  I would expect the same is true for the Honda cars.

Ben