Retro fitting a front spoiler

wattie

Retro fitting a front spoiler

Post by wattie » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:25 am

Right Chaps, apparantly my new "composite " front spoiler has arrived and will be sent off to me shortly.  ;D

Has anyone out there retrofitted a front spoiler? It requires some cutting of the front nose cone (as it wasn't designed with the spolier in mind) and I wouldn't say no to some assistance re photos etc if you happen to have some!

Cheers Wattie and Kel

Ps. Please remember that i aint too technical if you try to explain how it's done  ..... and if i can't do it I'll have to explain to the local Cypriots in Scottish how they do it!  :doh:

Alec

Re: Retro fitting a front spoiler

Post by Alec » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:22 am

Unless they've changed the mounting method for the new "composite " front spoiler then I don't think you will have to cut anything away from the nose cone.

The older "aluminium" front spoiler and the newer "CF" front spoiler both attach to the bracket/frame that doubles as the front tow eye mount.

The bracket/frame bolts under the nose cone and can be seen in this photo:-

Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 am

As previously suggested this was FAR from a simple bolt on procedure. The nose cone was not designed for a front spolier!

In summary, you've gotta remove the front bodywork, remove the radiator to get to the fixing bolts. Then cut the radiator,replace and finally trim off a significant part of the inner nose cone (several times and test fit) before finally re-assembling.

It took my garage 7 hours before the job was done and the car looks fab.  :drool:

Definately an improvement!

Cheers Wattie and Kel
Attachments
DSC02586.JPG
DSC02585.JPG

wattie

Post by wattie » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:24 am

More pallava.......
Attachments
DSC02588.JPG
DSC02587.JPG