Waiting for the AA

jameslawson9

Waiting for the AA

Post by jameslawson9 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 pm

Evening all, I'm currently sat waiting for the AA to recover my 54 reg AA2 160. When I present the immobiliser fob I'm not getting the fuel pump kicking in, and the start button has no effect. Are there any known issues out there! Thanks in advance

smokin

Re: Waiting for the AA

Post by smokin » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Hope they don't keep you waiting too long.

Ignition switch 10A and 30A fuses
Ignition relay, starter relay

If you have master cutoff try cutting power for a minute and try again. Or drop lead off battery if no master
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

jameslawson9

Post by jameslawson9 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, the first AA guy came and went, I never thought of disconnecting the battery. I will try it once I get home and see if it helps...I'm just waiting for a flat bed recovery truck.

jameslawson9

Post by jameslawson9 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:28 am

All fixed, I stripped the dash down to disconnect the aerial coil, checked continuity and found it open circuit. Peeled the coil strand by strand and found three breaks in it. Resoldered the breaks and tested it. Fired first time. So now I'm on the look out for a new aerial coil(if anyone knows any stockists in the UK) thanks again everyone. I think the problem stems from the previous owner attaching the fob to the ring whilst driving. Guessing the strands work hardened from the additional weight on the coil.

smokin

Post by smokin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:34 pm

Well that's a first for me. Well done tracking that down.

Had a quick look and the aerial looks integrated and fobs are the only component sold separately (not counting door pin sensors)
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

jameslawson9

Post by jameslawson9 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 am

I struggled to find a toad (sterling excel) aerial, but I did find an Apollo 780 that looked the same(except for the connector), bought one for £6 and received it and tested it.....jobs a good un