UK Atom questions on Chassis

meladdo

UK Atom questions on Chassis

Post by meladdo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 am

I see there are some chassis with the roll bar mountings at the rear, just near drivers shoulder and some with lugs on the side for the side panels if you want to fit them.

My question is are these features standard or do they have to be specified at build with a new chassis?

Are there any other handy / useful features like this that need to be specified at the new build stage?

I know I can call the factory but I have already made a few too many calls........dont want to be a nuisance  :)

Rob Evans

Re: UK Atom questions on Chassis

Post by Rob Evans » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 am

The chassis on the 3 has the side lugs and roll mounts as standard, as do some of the later 2's.
You can opt not to have the lugs on the side if you feel it spoils the cars lines. I know of at least one owner who has done this.

Regards,
Rob.
From Atom 2 245 to Atom 4 350, via Atom 3 300 and Atom 3.5 310

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 am

:tu: Thanks Rob...........speedy reply ;D

Almost as fast as calling the factory..........

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

If you want the front wing at some point in the future, it's worth ordering the front towing eye kit as this also provides the wing-mounting points.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:37 pm

[quote="meladdo"]
I know I can call the factory but I have already made a few too many calls........dont want to be a nuisance  :)
[/quote]

Go on be a nuisance!!! It'll give Tom something to do ;D

On a serious note though, ringing the factory and asking on here will make sure you get what you want as everyone's opinion helps but, ultimately, it'll be you who is driving (and paying) the car.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:27 am

(and paying)

Haaa yes I was hoping we could have a small collection, a whip round if you will of the membership............just for my upgrades you see, I mean I will stump up the majority of the.......................  :-* :-* :-*

Thats not gonna fly.........................is it :laugh:

Unless

No on a serious note I am honing my spec before I have even driven one.....................I just love the look, I think I could buy one just on that fact..........think I am hooked.

::)