Track Setup - AD08's

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
russty_james

Track Setup - AD08's

Post by russty_james » Wed May 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi,

Could anyone give me a good idea on how to set my atom up for the track as I'm using it on Abingdon Airfield on Friday? The last time I was there the car was very oversteer happy, I was out with an instructor and he even commented so...

I'm currently running AD08's, what sort of tyre pressure should I be running front and rear?

I also have the 10 way adjustable shocks, what settings should these be on?

Thanks

Russ

l33haw

Re: Track Setup - AD08's

Post by l33haw » Wed May 09, 2012 8:21 pm

[quote="russty_james"]
Hi,

Could anyone give me a good idea on how to set my atom up for the track as I'm using it on Abingdon Airfield on Friday? The last time I was there the car was very oversteer happy, I was out with an instructor and he even commented so...

I'm currently running AD08's, what sort of tyre pressure should I be running front and rear?

I also have the 10 way adjustable shocks, what settings should these be on?

Thanks

Russ
[/quote]

Palmer sports run 17psi front and 26psi rear on AD08s. Iv not had mine on track since fitting Ad08s so can't comment further for track work. Going to Combe in a couple of weeks so can comment more then.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed May 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Give Tom a buzz at the factory....?

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu May 10, 2012 7:01 am

Still thinking of fitting AD08s for the car for a Europe trip in June - any views in the AD08s on road or track are well received.

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Thu May 10, 2012 7:28 am

[quote="Trigger"]
Still thinking of fitting AD08s for the car for a Europe trip in June - any views in the AD08s on road or track are well received.

T
[/quote]

Iv updated my thoughts on the AD08s on the "which is the best road tyre" thread posted above.

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm

You and me both Trigger.

I'm driving to a little place in France called Ceret very near the Spanish border the last week in June. I've a set of the AD08s in the garage and hope to get them fitted next week.

Of course none of that's any help to you, as I'll be discovering what their like on the trip. ::)

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu May 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Hehe - I'll should know by about the 18th June after 3 days driving....will try and comment then !
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm

[quote="Trigger"]
Hehe - I'll should know by about the 18th June after 3 days driving....will try and comment then !
[/quote]

I'd be interested to hear how your views compare to mine. (disclaimer - Slightly uncomfortable being the only current champion of AD08s!)