Atom GT4

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
John H

Atom GT4

Post by John H » Tue May 03, 2011 6:30 pm

I want to race my atom in next years GT4. It is not currently FIA approved, so I can't.
They have the X-Bow and loads of other shite motors that an atom would kill, so surely (Tom), it would make sense to have factory support?
What do I need to do to the car (with full factory support of course) to make it eligible?
We need to start racing Atoms in high profile events. Shitey hillclimbs in the middle of a tree lined, pissing wet farmyard in Devon don't really compare to having some disco dolly with huge hooters holding your name on a pit board. I wouldn't care if I was last, it would still be better than hitting a tree because a cow walked out in front of you.
:)
Seriously though.................is this possible? It's either that or Clio Cup for me next year and the Clios are shockingly dodgem-like at the moment, so a rebuild every race is losing it's appeal.
All the young kids that have entered the Clio Cup this year, think that the best way to get to be a BTCC driver is to practice ramming each other. I am too old and decrepit for multiple rolls and rear ending.

Hedge

Re: Atom GT4

Post by Hedge » Wed May 04, 2011 8:31 am

[quote="John H"]
I am too old and decrepit for multiple rear ending.
[/quote]
Oh really? I think not.
Cheers,
Hedge

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 am

Get a room...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

John H

Post by John H » Fri May 06, 2011 9:03 am

spoke to Simon about this and it looks like the cars power to weight ratio will exclude it.
We are meeting with the MSA at some point to look into what the options open to us for Atom racing are.
I will start a separate thread.