Anglesey Saturday 18th June

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
ragezx14r

Anglesey Saturday 18th June

Post by ragezx14r » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm booked on at Anglesey on the 18th with Book-a-track

Anyone else going? 12 places left.

Darren

ragezx14r

Re: Anglesey Saturday 18th June

Post by ragezx14r » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 am

An excellent day. Not a spot of rain and glorious sunshine throughout. My fourth trackday in the Atom and again it was faultless. I only got one black flag all day. At 4.50pm for being sideways in traffic! I blamed it on the left rear tyre being bald but she asked if it had been like that all day!

My friend was there in his Rage and the difference in performance was very noticable. In fact i thought he was hanging back on purpose but he just couldn't keep up even with him on slicks and he's now considering turbocharging the ZZR1400 engine to keep up. Good luck with keeping that engine cool. I had enough trouble keeping my standard ZZR engine cool in mine in the summer months. 5 laps at Cadwell before having to cool it down. I don't miss that. I much prefer the Supercharged VTEC reliability  ;D

Frustratingly my Vbox cameras have let in moisture again and the footage of the day is useless so i'll have to order two new cameras.  :doh:

Darren

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Found a funny video on youtube. Skip to 5.30 and turn up the volume. You can hear the MR2 driver make a comment.

Darren
Last edited by ragezx14r on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:40 am

A bit of footage filmed from my mates Rage on slicks. Includes a spin!

Darren

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Water in the cameras is troubling Darren - have you had that before ?

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]
Water in the cameras is troubling Darren - have you had that before ?
[/quote]

No mate, Just since i got the Atom. They were getting a bit misty at first but now they are totaly condensated. I tried taking them apart and cleaning and resealing them but it hasn't worked.

On my Rage Buggy i hung the clamps from the top of the frame (roof) down where there wasn't much engine heat.

So it could be that the cameras are getting warm from the Atom engine although i doubt it as i've felt them after a good run and they weren't warm.

The second thing it could be and i think the most likely. The cameras are over two years old now. They are supposed to be sealed units. Over time the seal has perished and only shown with the new positioning on the Atom after being stored inbetween selling the Rage in feb and getting the Atom at the end of April

I have two new cameras arriving tomorrow which i will be mounting in the same place so fingers crossed they will be ok. I'll post the results tomorrow.

I've seen your thread on the Vbox vs others but haven't posted a reply yet. If i get another two years out of the new cameras i'll be happy. I have no experience of the other units but i've been very happy as i have been with the Vbox until this camera issue. My latest videos on youtube are listed as in HD too! I'm not sure if thats the Vbox or youtube. I use a SDHC 32GB card with mine.

Darren
Last edited by ragezx14r on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Thanks Darren - hope the new ones solve the issue

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

New cameras sorted the problem.

Darren

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am