2007 Non-Track Photos

Select your category and post your pics here!
John Lloyd

Re: 2007 Non-Track Photos

Post by John Lloyd » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:49 pm

Great photos.  :tu:  Do you have any better of the bag attachement?  Looks like you had loads of fun.  I was palnning the trip to Morocco over the weekend hoping to get as high as possible in the Atlas mountains.  (That's in feet and metres, not whacky backy.)  The weather should be alot better.

langhale

Post by langhale » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:53 am

Good luck on your trip, watch out where you're buying fuel especially the high octane stuff, we had problems again this year with a couple of bad fills which made her misfire.

This picture is as detailed as i've got;

The bag is from Hein Gericke.  If you using a similar set up i'd recommend rok straps - http://www.rokstraps.com/allpurpose_tailored.html as they are extrmely robust and never let me down.  If i remember correctly we're about the same height so you'll have your seat forward a bit and it's amazing how much clobber you can push down the back.  I also found that a car cover helps to keep people away when parked up.  Don't forget a warning triangle and vest - i was asked a couple of times to see mine this year.  I can't remember if spain use them but watch out for vignetti requirements on the motorways.

The car attracts a lot of attention from the Police and the boarders, i was detained several times so they could crawl over the car and then told to leave a fast as i could  ;D  One police officer pulled along side with blues on and wooped his siren and gestured for us to go faster - always happy to oblige

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:48 pm

UK number plate on light bracket.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:49 pm

do you have a photo from behind the lights?, be intersting to see if it wobbles...

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:51 pm

[quote="Dext37 Fielding"]
do you have a photo from behind the lights?, be intersting to see if it wobbles...
[/quote]

It won't, the cars not moving!!  :D  I do think, after a period of time, it will snap off due to the wind pressure.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:17 am

If you think it might snap off due to wind pressure then maybe my suggestion on the other thread could solve that as well.

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]

Note I've mounted the number plate to test it out.  I thought I better get one made up for the trip.  Still not sure I'll use it.

[/quote]

John, if you think that you might need a front number plate for your trip I would consider getting a smaller, oblong one made up as it will look miles better.

It may not be legal but I'm sure it will be more acceptable abroad than nothing.

You can usually get them if you state that it's only for off-road/show purposes.
[/quote]
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:33 pm

Inter-racial marriage,  is it allowed?

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:51 pm

i now pronounce you, Ariel K1200 / BMW Atom...

(i think it is a K series BMW, correct me if wrong)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:03 pm

Hilton, Rabat, Morocco!

[img width=399 height=600]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/je ... 000691.jpg[/img]

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:33 pm

Dammit!  I had two notifications after lunch for new posts... one here, and one on your casablanca thread.  And both places... after lunch... at work... I get to see a grown man's bare ass.

:td:

wisp

Post by wisp » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:35 pm

I fail to see the Atom in that photo  ???

apollyon25

Post by apollyon25 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:06 am

You clearly havent got your eyes shut tight enough then Wisp  :laugh:

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Dammit!  I had two notifications after lunch for new posts... one here, and one on your casablanca thread.  And both places... after lunch... at work... I get to see a grown man's bare ass.

:td:
[/quote]

I hope you let your colleagues see that photo of John on your screen as that will guarantee that they will never, ever look over your shoulder again to see if you're actually working on what you should be. Guaranteed.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:51 am

I guess, in it's own SICK little way, at least on this forum, where a car with few features, with little frills someone, anyone but me again, can look at it and say it's a "minimalist" photo. ;D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:17 am

I'll try explaining that to my HR department, LOL