Photo Competition Rules

Select your category and post your pics here!
wisp

Photo Competition Rules

Post by wisp » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:10 am

Any image entered in the competition sections should be as it was taken and NOT altered by image manipulating software.
The one exception is the "Modified" category that is especially for images that have been altered using Photoshop or other such editing program.

Some confusion exists over altered images being artistic and belonging in the Arty category. The "Arty" category is for photos taken in an artistic manner or with artistic content but without modification of the original photographic image.

Incorrectly entered photos will not be included in the final voting. Anyone that wishes an incorrectly entered photo to be moved should request a Moderator to do so.

I hope this clears up the issue of photos being entered in the wrong section.

Regards,
wisp

PS  If we allow images that have been enhanced or modified to be entered in every section then it comes down to who is the best graphic artist not who took the best picture.
Last edited by wisp on Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Lloyd

Re: Photo Competition Rules

Post by John Lloyd » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm

Can I just add my judgement is final!!!  :P

Anyway it's almost that time of year again please make sure you get your photo's in for 2010.  You've got until 12th November to get your photos onto the forum.  Then I'll lock the threads and ask you all to vote.  Please do vote so few people make the effort.  Voting rules same as last year.

Thanks,

John

PS I'll try and be a bit quicker getting the photo prizes outthis time, I think it took me 6 months ie mid 2010 before I posted out the prizes!!