South East - Regional Meet

Where driving is the aim of the game
GraemeW

South East - Regional Meet

Post by GraemeW » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 am

Yesterday I joined some friends (in other car clubs) at Newlands corner near Guildford for their monthly meet. It was a great drive through Surrey country lanes, largely empty on a Sunday morning, to the park. Have a cup of coffee and a bacon roll (other breakfasts are available) chat with other petrol heads, admire some cars then head home mid morning. There were 4 or 5 clubs there yesterday including bikers

I wondered why we don't do something like this? Why don't we chuck a few dates in the diary and do likewise? Granted we are a small club, but there is a fair number of us in the south east? Or should I suggest West London, Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, and Sussex. Others from further afield could come along also or organise their own if there are sufficient numbers?

Is there any interest in something like this?

Sunday morning drive, breakfast and chat for an hour or two. Some may go on together for a drive elsewhere if they wish. No need for list just turn up on the published dates if you wish and see who's there? I will go 27 May. Hopefully I will see some other Atoms or Nomads. After first meet we can agree future dates, venues and times.

Suggestions (4th Sunday every month)........

- Sunday 27 May 0900: Newlands corner car park for first breakfast meet and discussion if its worth doing again?
- No meet in June as we have MSG. Non MSGs can still go for 24 June if they wish
- Sunday 22 July: Venue TBA. Stick with Newlands or others available (eg Aero club Goodwood, Bush cafe A30 near Camberley, Ace Cafe London, etc)
further dates can be agreed later?

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: South East - Regional Meet

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Sounds like a great idea Digger. It's a great shout to have something very relaxed on the agenda during the summer for people to head to and look forward to. Even better if it's with other clubs and we don't have to register etc etc.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Andrew300

Post by Andrew300 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:37 pm

Might join you on his one ,nice early morning blast when the roads are empty and a bacon sandwich sounds good

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:27 pm

Was that the Surrey Car Meet guys? I'm planning on tagging along to those events when the Nomad lands in June.

Always up for a bit of blatting about across the Surrey countryside...

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Karl. No, last weekend I was the only Ariel vehicle there. About 5 other clubs were there.

Let’s get a few Ariel vehicles there on Sunday 27 May. I will send out a reminder before to see who is up for it.

Some great roads in the area but usually full of traffic. But when we are going they are relatively empty. :)