Tennessee Registration?

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Lep

Tennessee Registration?

Post by Lep » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Any ideas about kicking DMV tires before I buy? Curious about potential hurdles...

bolus

Re: Tennessee Registration?

Post by bolus » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:18 am

I dont think we have heard of a Tennessee registration yet.  I did not find much on the registration site
http://state.tn.us/revenue/vehicle/index.htm

But this 3rd party site has this info:
http://www.dmv.org/tn-tennessee/custom-built-cars.php

But not sure if it applies. 

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:24 am

:angel:

IT seems soo often the Atom wins....  there must be a guardian angel.  There are Atoms in several states that on paper didnt look possible. Several on and off this site that I have talked to are able to walk in any dmv and register it like any new car... passing inspections can be more difficult... so look into that or do as some do, and budget for a few $75 tickets along the way (at least thats what they charge here for no current sticker).  I have been in contact with someone from Ten and I'll see if they have done any research themselves yet.

Lep

Post by Lep » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:27 pm

Excellent info, Bolus, on the third party site! Fingers crossed...

No emissions testing needed in my county. Looking good. Love to hear from any TN attempts. Any permanent obstacles anywhere at all?

Thanks!

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:56 pm

Closest registered states in which Atoms are registered are Arkansas (3 cars) and Mississippi (1 for sure).  Process was dirt simple in all 4 cases. Please feel free to PM me if you want additional details.

Be sure to make it out to AtomFest in Tulsa, October 18-19-20, whether or not you have your Atom by then. It may be your only opportunity to meet the assembled masses of Atom owners plus the UK crowd and several dignitaries frm the UK and US manufacturers.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... 010036.jpg[/img]
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultrasound

Post by Ultrasound » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Lep, is your state not the one that registered Count Rossi's 917K?

If that can get registered I' sure that Atom can.  :)

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:38 pm

That was Alabama that did Rossi's 917. There was another in Germany that was registered for the road.

Lep

Post by Lep » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:52 pm

One thing is for certain. This is the most informative forum I've ever seen - and I was here for the BBSs! Next research will be the drive from Oregon to Tennessee...

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:09 am

[quote="Lep"]
One thing is for certain. This is the most informative forum I've ever seen - and I was here for the BBSs! Next research will be the drive from Oregon to Tennessee...
[/quote]
Albany is closer.. lol 
Best of luck... you'll love it.

yenko1026

Post by yenko1026 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Just left the DMV here in Jefferson County (AL). I wasn't surprised my Nomad totally threw them off. They were convicted it is a "autocycle" (3 wheels), and there was no convincing them otherwise. For the record, they were very friendly, and took their time to try and help, but it didn't happen. Any advice while I regroup would be much apprecited.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:55 pm

Just want to throw this out. I recently bought a 3S that has a TN VIN sticker on it. So it WAS registered there. I have no idea the hoops that the original owner had to jump through, but it has the sticker.