Brammo Atom Brake Pad Part Numbers

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Maui06

Brammo Atom Brake Pad Part Numbers

Post by Maui06 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:24 pm

My new to me Atom is a 2006 USA Brammo Atom 2 Ecotec with 2700 miles on the original brakes. I do street driving only, and pretty aggressively, once I reach the mountain roads. I need a ridiculous amount of pedal pressure to slow down. And there's no way I can even come close to locking them up. Yes, I know there's no power assist.:) The pedal is firm. They only get slightly better when hot, and it is very hard to heat them up. I've lightly scuffed the pads and rotors and it didn't seem to help. I'm hoping that fresh, different pads will help. If they don't, I guess I'll have to look at other issues.

On the plus side, it's been great for learning to left foot brake.

I have the Sport Brake option with 4-piston Wilwoods and PBR 1-piston with e-brake. The specs from the Brammo manual are:
F and R: 10.3” (262x21mm) rotors, single -piece, ventilated. Galfer A24255VF.
F: Wilwood Dynalite 4 piston caliper, 4x35.1mm. 120-6806-R/L. (pad: Type 7112Q, street compound 4; Wilwood 15Q-6824K)
R: PBR single-piston, 40.5mm floating caliper, mechanical e-brake. Pads: NAPA SS-7301-M (93-97 Camaro). A club member says the PBR calipers are: BCB821019PL and BCB821020PL.

I've researched extensively to identify pads that will have higher coefficient of friction and better initial bite, when cold (and hot). I can live with moderate brake dust and rotor wear, but not with a lot of squealing. It seems that EBC Green, Hawk Blue and Wilwood Polymatrix E might be good choices. I'd appreciate any suggestions on other options.

When looking at sources for new pads, for example, on the Hawk website, I'm finding rear pads for for a 93-97 Camaro...and hoping they are correct.

Does anyone know how to search for the pads for my front Wilwood calipers?

FrankRizzo

Re: Brammo Atom Brake Pad Part Numbers

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:38 am

I used "Wilwood Polymatrix A pads" on mine and liked them. No problems even on the track lap after lap.

Maui06

Re: Brammo Atom Brake Pad Part Numbers

Post by Maui06 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:55 am

Thanks FrankRizzo. Wilwood's description of the Polymatrix A pads sounds good. I'll call them and hopefully they'll know which part numbers to order.