Ariel North America/TMI Still In Business?

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
WVAtom4

Re: Ariel North America/TMI Still In Business?

Post by WVAtom4 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:44 am

skyfx wrote:
dramsey68 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:18 amIf you have better information, please share.

Thanks mate!
Not sure if that question was directed at me, but I shared everything I know. I went to TMI's facility last year, and from what I understood from Mark at the time, they would be discontinuing the production of Nomads. That may of course have changed afterwards.
I visited TMI on 20 April 2023 and Mark told me that the Nomad was down to its final handful of cars. Then no more.

And, I placed my order in August 2021. Chassis AA40143. Latest promise was Q3 of 2023 or sooner. I can’t imagine that’ll happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:54 am

dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm I reached out to TMI and spoke with Jesse about the future of the Nomad. He indicated they're still building Nomads and it is not being discountinued.
WVAtom4 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:44 am I visited TMI on 20 April 2023 and Mark told me that the Nomad was down to its final handful of cars. Then no more.
That's crazy. Either Jesse and Mark are not talking to each other (which would be pretty worrying), or they are deliberately misleading people.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:06 pm

skyfx wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:54 am
dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm I reached out to TMI and spoke with Jesse about the future of the Nomad. He indicated they're still building Nomads and it is not being discountinued.
Or this could be a word game. Break it down:
"We're still building Nomads" - OK, they have some that they're working on.
"The Nomad is not being discontinued" - "If you go to England, you can buy them. So, they're not being discontinued".

Not saying that this is what IS happening, just that it COULD be.

barefooter

Post by barefooter » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:30 pm

TMI sent an email out yesterday to Atom 4 buyers. It explained how communication would start happening monthly for build updates and how supply chains were getting better.

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:17 pm

WVAtom4 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:44 am
skyfx wrote:
dramsey68 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:18 amIf you have better information, please share.

Thanks mate!
Not sure if that question was directed at me, but I shared everything I know. I went to TMI's facility last year, and from what I understood from Mark at the time, they would be discontinuing the production of Nomads. That may of course have changed afterwards.
I visited TMI on 20 April 2023 and Mark told me that the Nomad was down to its final handful of cars. Then no more.

And, I placed my order in August 2021. Chassis AA40143. Latest promise was Q3 of 2023 or sooner. I can’t imagine that’ll happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would love to see an update on your Atom build when you get one and hopefully, when it's completed.

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:18 pm

Bad news - TMI is no longer taking any new orders.

Good news - I'm buying a new Nomad with everything I wanted but Ohlins, and my wife is totally supportive (who is the lady?) It has ~400 miles and only 400 miles away.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:40 am

dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm ***Update***
I reached out to TMI and spoke with Jesse about the future of the Nomad. He indicated they're still building Nomads and it is not being discountinued. Sometime in the near future, they will contact people on the priority build list, I'm on that list (yay!) and start the build process. The estimated time of completion will be about 12 months from start to finish.
dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:18 pm Bad news - TMI is no longer taking any new orders.
I shouldn't be surprised, but wow. More misinformation from TMI. Unreal.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:48 am

Must be a nice business to have: "I make these widgets that sell for almost a hundred thousand dollars, and there are waiting lists for them. I've decided that I don't want to build them anymore."

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:53 pm

Rickrat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:34 pm I have my fingers crossed. I have been told my Atom is fully assembled and is to get its 50 mile test drive this week. If all goes well, it will be shipped to me in Michigan.

That's the good news. The bad news? I ordered the car three years ago!
wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:19 am Sure...
It is AA40112
Any update on your order?

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:47 pm

In early June TMI sent an email saying “At a minimum you should expect to hear monthly on overall updates….or your specific build. Currently we are changing some internal administrative items to better communicate specifics for each client directly.”

A follow up with nothing of substance (like number of cars delivered) was sent mid July and nothing after that.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:41 am

Guest wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:47 pm In early June TMI sent an email saying “At a minimum you should expect to hear monthly on overall updates….or your specific build. Currently we are changing some internal administrative items to better communicate specifics for each client directly.”

A follow up with nothing of substance (like number of cars delivered) was sent mid July and nothing after that.
Yea, both of those "updates" have been nothing burgers :td:

Ohio Enthusiast

Post by Ohio Enthusiast » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:27 pm

After seeing a Nomad in an HPDE event a couple of weeks ago, talking to the owner and taking it for a spin in the paddock I fell in love. Reached out to TMI and got a response back that Nomad production is paused due to part shortages (that do not affect the Atom which is currently being actively produced with a 12-16 months lead time), and is expected to resume in several months and that I am being put on the contact list for further updates.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:42 pm

Ohio Enthusiast wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:27 pm Reached out to TMI and got a response back that Nomad production is paused due to part shortages (that do not affect the Atom which is currently being actively produced with a 12-16 months lead time)
That lead time on the Atom is highly inaccurate. I've been waiting for over two years with no end in sight and many others have too.

PaulAmstutz

Post by PaulAmstutz » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:11 pm

new info for the discussion...

Advised by Mark that our Atom 4, chassis #122, was ready for assembly. Sent me a picture of a chassis in a build bay. So it seems they have been able to collect enough parts to build one. 3-6 months to complete, if all goes well.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:47 pm

3-6 months to assemble an Atom when they have all the parts? I believe that I could do it faster alone. That's INSANE. (Or is it ME that's insane?)