AA2 fuel level values

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
FrankRizzo

AA2 fuel level values

Post by FrankRizzo » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:09 am

Hey guys, long story short, I sold my Atom, and just bought it back. During the time that it was "away" the stock dash got replaced with a Dash2Pro. The interim owner tells me that the fuel level sensor is plugged into the dash, but the data isn't entered that allows the dash to interpret it. Does anyone also have this dash/fuel level sensor combo, and knows what values to use?

Thanks!

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: AA2 fuel level values

Post by John Scherrer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:25 am

Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 pm

[mention]FrankRizzo[/mention] any chance of sharing your dash pro config / wiring info? I’d be especially interested to know if you have the wheel speed sensor ( on the cv outer ) or if you also got an upgraded ECU for the data output.

Cheers!

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:55 pm

On the dash2 Pro you can't just plug in the sensor directly. The native spa dash uses changes in resistance to measure the values but the dash 2 Pro uses changes in voltage. A pull up resistor needs to be wired in to do the conversion.

Once you have done that then you need to work out the voltages for the different fuel levels. Start with an empty tank and see what the fuel sensor pin is reading with a voltmeter, add 5 liters and take the reading again, and so on until full. This table of values can then be entered in to the dash 2 configuratiin program to flash the dash2 with.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:35 pm

Atlarge wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 pm @FrankRizzo any chance of sharing your dash pro config / wiring info? I’d be especially interested to know if you have the wheel speed sensor ( on the cv outer ) or if you also got an upgraded ECU for the data output.
I bought the car from the guy who had the dash installed, and paid some speed shop to do most of the work. What I *CAN* tell you is that he said he "had to buy the GPS license because he couldn't get the speed to work any other way".

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:37 pm

hamtt wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:55 pm On the dash2 Pro you can't just plug in the sensor directly. The native spa dash uses changes in resistance to measure the values but the dash 2 Pro uses changes in voltage. A pull up resistor needs to be wired in to do the conversion.

Once you have done that then you need to work out the voltages for the different fuel levels. Start with an empty tank and see what the fuel sensor pin is reading with a voltmeter, add 5 liters and take the reading again, and so on until full. This table of values can then be entered in to the dash 2 configuratiin program to flash the dash2 with.
Thanks for the info! For now, I've procured a "Mark I wooden dowel" that I will use a my fuel gauge until I can get that rigged up. ;D

hamtt

Post by hamtt » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:19 pm

FrankRizzo wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:35 pm
Atlarge wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:56 pm @FrankRizzo any chance of sharing your dash pro config / wiring info? I’d be especially interested to know if you have the wheel speed sensor ( on the cv outer ) or if you also got an upgraded ECU for the data output.
I bought the car from the guy who had the dash installed, and paid some speed shop to do most of the work. What I *CAN* tell you is that he said he "had to buy the GPS license because he couldn't get the speed to work any other way".
The workshop didn't know what they were doing. The Hall sensor on the atom works fine with the dash2 and dash2 Pro as it, the same wires are just working on and then the settings have to be set in the config software.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:04 pm

[mention]FrankRizzo[/mention] thanks for the info! I know the atom 3 has a Hall effect sensor but it seems the 3.5 doesn’t at least as far as I can tell from pictures. Does anyone know how the speed sensing is done on a 3.5?

Cheers!