Key Replacement

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
ATOMBMB2

Key Replacement

Post by ATOMBMB2 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:02 pm

I have a 2007 Ariel Atom 2 built by Brammo Motorsports. That company has since stopped building Atoms (their loss) and isn't exactly helpful if you have questions or concerns about Atoms they've built in the past

The car came with a "Sterling" branded key, but I'm nervous that one day the sensor will give out and I'll need to replace the key. I've attached a picture.

Has anyone replaced one of these keys, or have any ideas how to go about getting spare keys? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Drive safely out there!
Attachments
Keys
Keys
20180518_102635.jpg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 2893 times

autobackup

Re: Key Replacement

Post by autobackup » Sun May 27, 2018 2:33 pm

AtomBNB2

The immobiliser on the Atom is a Sterling Excel made in the UK and usually is supplied with 2 fobs

Manufacturer : https://www.scorpionauto.com/car-transp ... ing-excel/

You can buy one from here : https://www.southerncarsecurity.co.uk/i ... duct_id=66

I would suggest that you email Sterling Automotive (UK) and ask about USA Distributors / spare key fobs

FYI - I have attached the .pdf spec sheet
Attachments
Sterling Excel Immobilier spec sheet.pdf
(60.73 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

ATOMBMB2

Post by ATOMBMB2 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! Drive safely out there :)

HenryJS

Post by HenryJS » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 am

Ariel North America Should have these for you, they are really easy to program another in if you have 1 working one!

www.arielna.com

if you didnt have it already!

NickDenmark

Post by NickDenmark » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 am

I also only had 1 key fob. So had my local carkey locksmith to make a copy. Only 60$. And no more worries about damage to my single one. Took 2 min.

Only downside is that they didnt have an enclosed case for the chip.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:10 pm

I *JUST* went through this. I took my FOB to a locksmith, and he duped it into 2 chips, and put the chips in 2 key heads. In case you want to know, it's a "Megamos 4C" chip. So, if you're trying to find a locksmith that can handle this, that's what you ask them when you call. Lots of Fords, and Toyotas used the same chip.