NEW DRL LED lights , custom install on AA2 #007

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
atomizer

NEW DRL LED lights , custom install on AA2 #007

Post by atomizer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:15 am

So #007 needed alittle update so here is what was added.
Easy install and no drilling required.
The output is 500 lumen and adds a great updated look.
If anyone is interested contact me via email.

Attachments
2013-12-26 16.33.53-1.jpg
2013-12-26 16.33.53-1.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 2020 times

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: NEW DRL LED lights , custom install on AA2 #007

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:57 am

Looking good. Any links to the where you got them from?
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:52 pm

They look good - However I would be a little concerned on country roads in the UK that some people may think that is the width of the oncoming car and not see the wheels are a good 2 feet either side more width...

I would like to see a forward facing lip on the cycle wings / fenders for some DLRL to be honest - gives a real understanding to actual width for oncoming traffic.

The ability for Mr and Mrs average to assume the car may be wider than the DLRL seems to be minimal. Very bright DLRL seem to obscure the cars real width too unless the car is silver or white / light colour in a daily driver. The atoms wheel are anything but visible in the low light conditions.

The size and brightness suit though! - any links to them...

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 am

These new headlights look way cool!

What is the beam pattern like?  Are there dead spots or hotspots?  How far ahead do they shine?  Can they accomodate dipped beam and main beam (low beam and high beam in the US)?  Do they illuminate the road according to any US, UK or European standard?

Thanks,

Jacob Potts

atomizer

Post by atomizer » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 am

The light pattern is nice and adds light where the OEM lights lack. I wanted more light plus an updated look that also gives an added degree of safety while driving during the daytime.  I wired these into the parking wires so that they can be activated during driving. The wiring was simple and very clean, looking OEM. 
These attach with a very strong adhesive 3M adhesive which give a huge advantage in placement and I attest at speeds over 100mph these lights remained unscathed.
Here is a video of light pattern http://s71.photobucket.com/user/atomizer2006/media/2013-12-27011706_zps6715cb06.mp4.html

light spread pattern Image

Veldung

Post by Veldung » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

My new headlight del/turn signal combo. And it even has DOT/TUV approval
Attachments
IMG_3754small.jpg

Veldung

Post by Veldung » Mon May 19, 2014 7:47 pm

Size comparison
Attachments
IMG_3245small.jpg

Veldung

Post by Veldung » Mon May 19, 2014 7:48 pm

original brackets custom bend  :vroom:
Attachments
IMG_3244small.jpg

Veldung

Post by Veldung » Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 pm

and on the car...
Attachments
IMG_3755small.jpg

Anx

Post by Anx » Tue May 20, 2014 4:57 am

Where did you get those lights?  And are they both turn signals and running lights?

Veldung

Post by Veldung » Tue May 20, 2014 12:49 pm

The manufacturer is Kellermamm from Germany. http://www.kellermann-online.com/en/produkte/gruppe/micro_rhombus

Its driving light/turn signal in the front and turn signal/brake lights in the back. They are super bright!
Attachments
146small.jpg
147.250small.jpg
147small.jpg

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:43 am

Does anyone know how the new(ish) factory headlight pod compares to the tractor lights I have now? I drive with the tractor lights always in high beam just to get some vis. Thinking of upgrading, although not sure I'm taken with the look of the new jobbies!?

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 am

The new lights on the 3.5 are substantially better than the old bouncers. I drove back from the factory last month at night on the A303 dual carriageway and was able to travel very fast, very comfortably, on low beam. On main beam they're pretty much as good as any regular road car.

I can see how people are divided over the looks, but I think that's partly because none of us are used to seeing such large objects either side of the nose.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:06 pm

[quote="Steve Gibson"]
The new lights on the 3.5 are substantially better than the old bouncers. I drove back from the factory last month at night on the A303 dual carriageway and was able to travel very fast, very comfortably, on low beam. On main beam they're pretty much as good as any regular road car.

I can see how people are divided over the looks, but I think that's partly because none of us are used to seeing such large objects either side of the nose.
[/quote]

I will resist the temptation........

I have the 3.5 lights and they are very good at illuminating the road ahead, better than some tin tops I have driven in fact....Looks wise they could do with smartening up - maybe a carbon makeover? set of covers.....